2007 12M Rise Review - GREAT RANGE!

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-04-23

PM

Just wanted to throw in a quick trip report.  Short trip to Baja, gusty winds from 11-25 mph, the Rise was really great.  Kept me planing through the lulls and when the gust hit, just let the bar out a bit and edge upwind. 

One spot we road was very onshore with a small beach, had to self land so I used the release feature on the kite a few times, worked perfectly.  Rode in safely off the beach, pulled the release, kite sat up high downwind of me fluttering no power, actually would fly upside down, and then landed fairly gently.  Pull ball on one front line and walk right up to the kite and flip it over.  No problem at all in up to 25 mph.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

Do you have bridle mod in the kite? How is the jumping? I had Thruster 12 m and liked it but the pop was something i didnt like. It does take you to the moon but you came down so fast. So i changed kites to 12m and 8m rise, but havent tested those yet ( i got them yesterday). For friday it seems to blow great and going to test 8m. Just cant wait to try.

Signature

RRD HyperType 15m -07, OceanRodeo Rise 12m -07, OceanRodeo Rise 8m -07…

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-04-23

PM

Yes, I have the 2008 bridle mod on the kite.  I ride on the “2 inside attachment points”, or “1st and third” (outside on the front, inside on the back).

I don’t jump a whole lot because I have a “bad knee” so I can’t help you a lot with jumping characteristics, I mostly ride waves.

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Both the converted 07 Rise and the 08 Rise jump like devils (hence the name - they will rip you off the water). Both also have good loft to slow your landing but I would have to say the vents on the 08 kites make a huge difference for this, especially on the smaller kites…you can jump an 08 6m and still land soft with a lot of loft in the kite.

JZ