‘Crew’

Some advice….....

At 64 kilos (140’ish lbs)

Current quiver :arrow:

2007 One 7m

2008 Rise ‘Venturi’ 10m

2007 Rise 12m (on bridle upgrade)

2008 Zen 129x39 ‘Freestyle’

I’m loving both my One and my 10m Rise. At my weight I’m pretty much covered from the low ‘teens upwards with these two kites.

I want a kite for light summer breezes etc.

Am thinking that the 12m is too close to my 10 and I might be better off parting with it for say a 14m. :?:

What would you do   :?

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 573

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Well I thought a poll might be a good idea but perhaps I’ve ‘goofed’ by not adding an option for keeping the 12m Rise :evil:

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2008-03-04

PM

Have you ever flown a C kite before??

What is your riding level and what type of riding are you going to be doing??

If you gave us some more info we would be better able to answer the question.

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I’m going as big as possible for my lite wind kite…16m Rise.
The 10m has such good low end, that a 6m jump up to the next size is still a good overlap. The 16 and 14 are very close in low end, and they both will fly great up into the 20plus range.

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

5mmkiter

I’ve flown ‘C’ kites prior to the Rise. All my previous kites have been ‘C’ shapes.

I’m an intermediate rider who likes to jump and do basic rotations. I haven’t tried unhooking yet but would like to try that this year.

I also enjoy playing in the waves and like the de-power I currently get from my SLE’s.

The Zen is not my only board as I have an old 5’7” ish Lost Cause surf directional that could help in light wind conditions too.

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

You won’t be disappointed with the 14RISE Andy ... I kite with a flyweight like yourself & the 14 is a light wind machine for him. (& myself @ 84kg/185lb.) You will be better off having all your kites on the same bar setup for 2 reasons: 1. You are used to the depower & stopper system . 2. You can change kites without having to change bars / lines ...  8)

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Buy a mako wide, keep both rises!

I still cant get my head around the depreciation of a big bows (whatever the brand) it will screw you for your pre 2009 upgrade sell off.

Andy, keep it small and fast, a two/three kite 2/3 board quive is the way forward.

Ben

8/12 Diablo Venturis

Zen/6’ Surfboard, all I ever need!

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Thanks Ben.

That was also on my mind this after…  :idea:

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

He’s got a point !!! I had my first session on my MAKO wide a few days ago. It might be the just the ticket with your twelve. 8)

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Cheers bud :!:

Food for thought..

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK