41.7 mph on Rise

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Went out with my GPS and Rise 14 yesterday, and recorded my fastest run ever.(by a LOT) 41.7 mph!!
I was so impressed with myself, that I neglected to remember to put my kite-bag into the car, and drove over it. ..makes your stomach turn doesn’t it??!!
I thought I was dragging some brush down the road, but alas it was my shiny new kite,..now totally *&^%$#.
The wind was gusting to maybe 21, and I’m sure that when I get a new kite, I can hit 50 in winds of 23-27.[/img]

Signature

If it doesn’t blow it sucks!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Holy cow! Thats really moving man!
I might have to get one of those fancy GPS units, that is so cool!
That really sucks that you ran over your new kite too, but you are not the first one who’s been so stoked that you forget reality.
I’ve left boards and bars and kites behind too.
Don’t beat yourself up too much. :wink:

I can’t believe its still snowing outside my house right now, weird weather!

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I can gauge how good a session was by how stupid I am after!

I once drove off with my board on the roof,...but not tied on. Flew off doing about 65kms,..luckily it was the Outlaw, and had only a few scratches !!

Signature

If it doesn’t blow it sucks!

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Is that the first post 2006 OR kite to suffer any damage??

Surprised it didnt damage your car!

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Derek,

I am so sorry to laugh at this story but, well, I have been laughing all morning thinking of how stoked you were ... day dreaming about 41.7 MPH and wondering what that noise was…

Kevin assures me you are being taken care of, so hopefully we’ll see you back on the water soon!

JZ

LOL