Tourists enjoy playing ocean rodeo…

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

Too funny - no one’s ever seen kiteboarding on the island of Palau, and the kite said “Ocean Rodeo” in great big letters on it, so the sports page of the newspaper says:

Too bad they didn’t get any action shots!  There’s some more of those from our trip on my site - here’s a link:

http://www.bigislandkite.com/viewtopic.php?p=158#158

and one more shot - can you say butter?

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

That’s some classic stuff Wade…nice job!

Too bad about the air rush board, you punk! :evil:

The 9 and 16 will ship this Friday I believe.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

Yeah yeah, it was one of those “run what you brung” situations.  smile  We had to take the fins off the board; there was only about 6 inches of water in the lagoon, and there were a lot of coral heads hidden in the eelgrass.  There were good waves outside the reef, but very strong downwind currents, light winds, exposed reef and no hope of rescue meant that we couldn’t spend a lot of time out there. 

The One is great for that stuff though - to swap out, we’d just depower the heck out of the kite, unhook and unleash, then then 2nd guy would grab the harness and helmet off the first guy, strap em on, then grab the kite and board and go - too easy!  If things went wrong during the swap, we could just grab the chicken loop and kill the kite.

It wasn’t even supposed to be windy in Palau - it’s too close to the equator to get reliable trades, but I couldn’t bear to go on a trip without a kite.  smile

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

As it happens, John, I managed to get Wade to rig the same gear, with the same conditions, and the same pair of boardshorts and helmet.
But this time, with an OR Legend.

At unbelievable expense, see for yourself:

Are you happy now? raspberry

PS., Wade, if you don’t like this I will of course delete it.

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

Nice work!  I can’t see my toes though - could you jam my feet in there a little tighter?  I don’t want to fall out and hit the coral heads.  Again.  smile