Any word on the 09 Diablo?

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Just curious, now that the Rise is well into production what’s on tap for the Diablo.

I’m thinking of trying out the newer C kites and want to know if I should just get an 08 Diablo or wait on the 09.

Still 5 line?

how much depower? Low end? compared to a Rise.

Total Posts: 185

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

the 09 Diablo will be amazing ....
We worked with Ross on something a bit more freestyle a bit more technicle to give the riders better sensation for unhooking
and looping the kite.
Ross is amazing at that .....
can’t tell more about it ...
J

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Want more info, or at least an idea of when more info is coming.

Going to test out the rise for shizzle as soon as they get here, but I’m curious about the newer gen of C kites and want to hear where the diablo is going to fit. 

Coming from a 12/10/8m SLE would I need to go back to a 14/10/? m?

When does the 10 start to get good?

Whats the top end of an 8 and 6?

How does the depower,low end, high end compare to a Rise?

If a 10m rise is my sweet spot kite, is that a 12m diablo?

If your going to own one diablo in your quiver…. which size?

Total Posts: 574

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Brent4336 - 01 October 2008 02:21 PM

Want more info, or at least an idea of when more info is coming.

Going to test out the rise for shizzle as soon as they get here, but I’m curious about the newer gen of C kites and want to hear where the diablo is going to fit. 

Coming from a 12/10/8m SLE would I need to go back to a 14/10/? m?

When does the 10 start to get good?

Whats the top end of an 8 and 6?

How does the depower,low end, high end compare to a Rise?

If a 10m rise is my sweet spot kite, is that a 12m diablo?

If your going to own one diablo in your quiver…. which size?

An interesting post Brent4336. More info will be coming very soon I’m sure of that.

I can’t answer all of your questions. I suppose a lot will depend on your weight and skill level dude.

I would expect that an 8-12 Diablo quiver would cover a wide wind range but probably not as wider one as a 6-10 Rise quiver. The Rise is always going to have the better de-power.

In my humble opinion the 10 Rise is comparable to the 12 Diablo. In terms of low end anyway.

I’d say that if you were going to have just one Diablo in your quiver then perhaps the 10 is the one, but then it all boils down to what I’ve said above in so far as rider weight and skill level I suppose.

I’m sure another crew member will chime in here with their take on this subject very soon.  smile

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

I’m no Jeremie, but I’m fine with saying I’m pretty efficient and can handle almost any conditions and its still fun. 175 lbs. I ride a rockered board with boots and am usually upwind in chop as early as anyone.  Its virtually never too windy, and I carry a 12/10/8 of SLE’s despite the overlap.

My problem is that I spend a lot of time just riding at the low end of my 12 cause it takes more juice for the kite to fly well unhooked.

Now I want more and consistent POP from my kite in the bottom half of its range.  Also want a little less pull mid air to make letting go with one hand a little nicer.  The SLE’s can do it all, but they are kind of inconsistent unhooked and need to be trimmed in just enough that their over all performance suffers.  Hooked in they cant be beat.

10/8 SLE’s are pretty fun unhooked, but a 12 is tough to keep from stalling until its windy enough to be on the 10.  Wondering if a C is going to have more of what I’m looking for. Really I’m not sure how I want to mix up a quiver, but will test a diablo when there out.  Just wanted to get some talk going on them.

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Brent4336 - 03 October 2008 01:04 PM

Just wanted to get some talk going on them.

I too am interested to hear other crew members comments on this subject. Come on folks!  grin

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-09-03

PM

Hey Brent,
I ride a full quiver of SLE’s of another brand 8, 10, 12 and 15. Recently I purchased a 10m Diablo 2008 because I just love C-kites. I’ve been kiting since the Wipika Classic. This was one of my best purchases lately. I weigh about 90 kg (don’t know what that is in Lbs) and took the Diablo out in 23-35 knots. At 35 knots it does become a little handful and the SLE-depower would come in handy. As long as the wind is somewhere between 23 and 30 knots and isn’t too gusty (more than 8 knot gusts) I’m sure I’ll be flying the Diablo. Nice power, excellent unhooked (I do depower the kite a little bit before unhooking) and great turning/looping! To me it seems the low-end power is comparable to my wife’s 9m Waroo and a little bit better than my 8m SLE. Anyway, I think this 10m Diablo rocks and I’m really curious about the 2009 ones!

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Whats the ETA on the Diablo?

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Whats wrong with the ‘08 Diablo? It’s had some good reviews this season. There’ll no doubt be some bargains to have if you play your cards right!

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

I’m with a shop so not too concerned about looking for a deal.  Keen to try some C action this coming year and wanted info on weather the next gen of Diablo is a significant change/advance.  Will get one in to try when they drop.  Soooo just wondering when thats expected. 

Some of the newer C’s like Hadlow’s and the new fuel are reported to pack some decent low end so was hoping the diablo
follows that trend.  Would love to get away with smaller than a 14 as a big kite and maybe a 10 as my best fit.  Better odds of that with the newest design.