water puring into my pyro surf drysuit

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-10-28

PM

Any tips on getting the seals water tight? I’ve got fair skinny limbs, and find water is getting in very easily. Can you get custom seals made? I’m wearing the seals a good bit above my ankle and wrists but still not helping.only had thesuit out twice and feels like a waste of money so far! i’m using it for kiting, but no impact has been big enough to justify the amount of water getting in. most of it is coming from the rail of my board really. Can i tape the seals to my skin with a bit of duck tape?!

cheers

Total Posts: 573

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Wow ohh  Someone with skinnier limps - I mean limbs than me!

I take it from your post that it’s your legs that are getting wet as opposed to your neck and wrists?

Are you definately ensuring that the latex ankle seal is pulled far enough up your leg to fully clear your ankle bone and to clear the area where the tendon moves on the outside of your lower leg?  That is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

I suppose the same thing applies with the wrist seals but I have never had a problem here. As for the neck I need to make sure that any excess air is ‘burped’ out otherwise I will get a little damp in this area in a heavy wipe out.

Hope this helps.

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2008-10-28

PM

ya i’ve only had her out twice so still tryin to get it right. It s mostly coming in the legs. Is your external neoprene seal tight on your leg or loose? I might try and tighten them to help stop water gettin up there.

Total Posts: 573

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Yes the neoprene overlay is nice and snug. I’m sure you’ll be fine if you do as I say with the ankle seal.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2008-10-28

PM

my neo seals aint tight at all so will get the needle and thread out i think. I’ll experiment a bit more with the seals first. Suit itself fits fine and fackin hell i’ve been so hot in it nearly feel like pouring water into it to cool down. can wait to really test it out in jan and feb!

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Hi

I have never had it leak surfing, but sometimes I get water from Kiting. Andy is correct in saying that you need the leg and arm seals to be past your tendons etc, otherwise they will create gaps in the seal when they flex. However, even if you do get a little wet, you should still be warm.

Let us know how it turns out. grin

Signature

Its all about the adventure and stoke!