Pyro Pro drysuit

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

I just got my new Pyro Pro drysuit and have used it twice already. My last session I got a small amount of leakage, mostly around my legs but a little on my arms. Anyone out there have any experience with leaking? I was totally comfortable and love the way the suit fits. I could live with getting a little water in it but don’t know how much would really get in if I was down in the water for a long time. I suspect the zipper but most of the water was on the lower legs. The gaskets all seem to fit snug. Thanks for any help.

Pete

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Pete,
Are you wearing boots high enough to cover the ankle seals? That worked for me! The spray is so powerful it just gets past the seal, if the seals are not covered well.

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I’m wearing boots that go over the seals. I pulled the seals up high enough so they are over my ankle bone.

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-09-04

PM

could it be condensation from a hard days kiting (sweat)

Signature

I love to Kiteboard

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

no, it’s on the outside of my clothing. Just one of the great mysteries of life I guess!

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Pete - 30 November 2008 11:11 PM

no, it’s on the outside of my clothing. Just one of the great mysteries of life I guess!

Hi Pete,

This is normal condensation. (if your underlayer is dry)
Your swetdamp will be transported to the outside of your clothing, then it meats the cold inside of the (Pyro)suit and it condensates and the swet drops will stick on the outside of your clothing.

I wear always 2 layers onder the Pyro, the upperlayer gets a little “wet” of swetting so I change when I go home.
The thickness of the outside layer I’ll adapt to the circumstances (Now I have the OR undersuit, really great!)

Regards,
Arjan

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

Thanks for the feedback, maybe it’s just condensation. I guess I didn’t think it would condense that much to actually make the other clothing “wet” not just “damp”. I was plenty warm though and didn’t know of the wetness until I took the suit off. Very comfortable the entire session. Thanks everyone for the advice! My season just got a lot longer…..
Pete

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2009-06-17

PM

Hey, I hope it’s okay to post this message here.  I’ve got a brand new Pyro Pro Drysuit that I’ve literally worn for about 15 minutes.  I would think anyone here would be interested in this!

It’s probably the most incredible dry suit I’ve ever worn, but it turns out the dry top and bottoms I have for kayaking will serve my needs. I purchased this from a friend who is a dealer for Ocean Rodeo at cost. I’ll sell for what I purchased it for $625 (does not include shipping). Do a Google search, these retail for $800. This is a GREAT deal I assure you. This suit can be used all year round. My friend puts on fleece in the winter, and a t-shirt and shorts in the summer for the Colorado lakes.

Size = LARGE.  Click on the ‘Size Chart’ at the bottom of this page http://oceanrodeo.com/kiting/pyro_pro for specifics.

I currently have this listed on eBay—> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280358834437

Feel free to contact me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or call 970-672-0421.

Barry Bowman

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Pete

There’s a post elsewhere on the forum regarding this issue…well when I say issue it isn’t one really. What you need to do is ensure that the seals fit snugly over your ankles and wrists with no creases or overlaps. Then more importantly make sure that they are not sitting on your wrist bone or ankle bone. In other words pull the wrist seal past your wrist bone so that it sits snugly on the fleshy part of your lower arm. As for the ankle seal really pull it up past your ankle bone so that when you flex your ankle and that tendon rises it rises below the bottom of the seal thus not effecting the water tightness of the same. I really make sure my ankle seals in particular are pulled up reasonably high. It doesn’t look odd because the overlying material of the suit goes over the top of the seal anyway. You’ll be amazed at the difference this will make grin You’ll be able to rip as fat as you like with no spray forced up your leg!

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

yes, put the seals far up if you’re without boots or gloves…

First time without boots weeks back ended up with 2 waterfilled legs.. no deadman’s that time otherwis I was totally wet…
When you put them far up you’ll be dry..

Btw I had only thin underlayer (2 layers top) no fleece: no swetting, totally dry, very comfy!! a bit cold when doing nothing, so perfectly dressed.
People looking strange at a drysuit at 15 degree’s.. I just think it is comfy.

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

My original post was back in Dec. Thank you everyone for the advice. My “wet” issue is condensation only. I guess I must “condensate” (sweat) alot. I was able to kite all winter in the Gorge and loved my Pyro. I couldn’t believe how warm I was at all times. My OR 5mm booties were toasty. Great products! I’m almost looking forward to next winter!!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2010-06-23

PM

I have a drysuit that I got late last fall.  I used it all winter and noticed that mine definitely leaks on the seams in the legs.  I can tell, because when I stand in water that is at my knee of over, I can actually feel it coming in around 3 inches below the bottom of my kneecap.  If I go in deeper water, it comes in faster.  I know this is not a ankle seal issue.  It is not from doing tricks or landing hard, cause I can feel it coming in as soon as I walk into the water.  Is this a flawed suit, or does this happen to other people?  I think about selling my suit, but I’m afraid that someone will think I’m ripping them off cause of the “leak.”

Another issue…  behind and right below both of my knees, water gathers and gets stuck between the two layers of the suit.  by the end of a session, I’d say it’s about the equivalent of a regular sized sandwich baggie 3/4 of the way full of water.  I wouldn’t mind, but the little extra weight gets annoying after a while.  I’ve talked to another person that this happens with.  Is this an issue with the 2010 drysuits?  Or is it normal?

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2010-05-09

PM

jermypro - 23 June 2010 04:34 PM

Another issue…  behind and right below both of my knees, water gathers and gets stuck between the two layers of the suit.  by the end of a session, I’d say it’s about the equivalent of a regular sized sandwich baggie 3/4 of the way full of water.

Thats’ not right!  My ‘08 suit doesn’t do that…can anyboby comment on the newer ones?

-wade.

Joined 2010-06-23

PM

bump?

So heard nothing back about this problem… I’ve looked further on the forum and saw how someone had holes on the seams of the inside of the suit.  I turned my whole suit inside-out and carefully inspected it.  I don’t see any holes, but it dose look like a different kind of material that seal the seams.  Is there any way that someone can recommend how to look for the exact location of a leak seam in the leg?  I’d like to at least know where is is so I can throw some Goop on it or something.

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I ‘aint read all this post so forgive me if I’m repeating things. Have you tried immersing suit in the bath?

Push small football up into neck seal then tie ankle and wrist seals tight. Inflate suit with ur pump and tie off the final ankle/wrist seal. Submerge suit in bath and then observe where the bubbles appear from.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2010-06-23

PM

ok, i figured as much.  i don’t have a bath tub, so I’ll just have to find someone that does. 

and anyone on this problem?:

jermypro - 23 June 2010 04:34 PM

Another issue…  behind and right below both of my knees, water gathers and gets stuck between the two layers of the suit.  by the end of a session, I’d say it’s about the equivalent of a regular sized sandwich baggie 3/4 of the way full of water.  I wouldn’t mind, but the little extra weight gets annoying after a while.  I’ve talked to another person that this happens with.  Is this an issue with the 2010 drysuits?  Or is it normal?