Kite gloves

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2009-01-22

PM

Can any one tell me are the cold fire gloves Berger than the I’m brands for keeping fingers warm.  I have bought two well knownmake pairs of gloves and in both my fingers freeze I’m them.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-10-20

PM

i got the cold fire gloves wore them in the water and air temps where about 7 degrees C, very warm. Though too tight so i had to buy another brand and only 1mm gloves I freeze but least i can move.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Its all about circulation.  The cold fire gloves are soooooo awesome as long as you dont get em too small.

I got larges and had to switch up to XL’s.  My hands are pretty big but not massive and Im just average size (6 foot 180lbs)

Coldfire gloves all the way.  When its real cold, my hands are toasty.  Constriction at the wrists from unstretched drysuit seals or tight wetsuits is also a warmth killer.  My drysuit seals are well stretched and it makes a world of difference.

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2007-11-05

PM

Cold fire gloves are warm but they are soooooo tight. I guess i got larges, when i ordered them i didn’t have a choice. I don’t have particularly large hands or anything, very average sized person in general but they were unbearably uncomfortable when putting them in the fist clench position. They were warm though.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rise 2008 6m, 2010 9m, 2009 12m, Diablo 2008 8m / 12m, Mako Wide 140, Flysurfer Speed 2 19m

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

I was thinking of buying some OR Gloves, size M (what I normally would order) due the post on the forum I bought size L.
They fit perfectly, not loose not too tight.
So order one size bigger and you’re ok.

I thought they were a bit too thick… but they aren’t. No cramping underarms.
Tip: hang on your fingers, don’t put your thumb around the bar, better for blood circulation
Regards,
Arjan

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2008-05-09

PM

Janus - 05 February 2009 05:04 PM

I was thinking of buying some OR Gloves, size M (what I normally would order) due the post on the forum I bought size L.
They fit perfectly, not loose not too tight.
So order one size bigger and you’re ok.

I thought they were a bit too thick… but they aren’t. No cramping underarms.
Tip: hang on your fingers, don’t put your thumb around the bar, better for blood circulation
Regards,
Arjan

what cause the cramping underarms?

Total Posts: 572

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

what cause the cramping underarms?

I also wondered about the under arm cramping. I have the L size and can concur with Janus. Warm as toast but have experienced a little cramp in the fingers. Thank christ not under me arm pits red face

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-10-27

PM

I use poggies that whitewater rafters use.
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_listing.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302700461&bmUID=1233877333106
You can still touch the bar and they are very warm(as long as you arent body dragging all the time)
A bit slow for spinning the bar and moving hands around… but its worth it for the warm hands!