Fin Screws for Mako

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Hey Guys,
      I ordered a new fin for my ‘07 Mako Pro but the fins screws on the new fin are different and they do not have the “no head” screws like the old pair.  No problem, I went down to the local hardware stores to get some new screws but none of the stores (I went to seven stores) have the screws that I need.  Is it possible to order the screws I need from O.R or an O.R. Dealer?  I am currently in the Florida Panhadle.

Here is the pic of the two fins.  The one on left is the ‘07 fin, the fin on the right is the ‘08 fin.  The screw in the middle is the part one I am looking for.

Thanks J.

Image Attachments

fins.jpg

Signature

‘08 RISE 8m/12m, Mako Pro, Mako Wide, Session Harness, Pyro, Crazyfly skimboard

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2008-05-13

PM

Would it work if you would buy a “normal” stainless screw and cut a head off with a saw?
Greatings,
Jaros

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

The fins have the same hole pattern as the old fin. Cutting the head off will work fine but you may need a new saw blade stainless is tough stuff. Quick fix use 1 dowel from the old fin in the new .Not as good as 2 dowels but will work fine.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Thanks for the advice, i could use one dowel in each fin for the short-term and then when I head to a more populated location I should be able to locate the screws I need.

Cheers J.

Signature

‘08 RISE 8m/12m, Mako Pro, Mako Wide, Session Harness, Pyro, Crazyfly skimboard