2009 Swivel & donkey dick.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-10-20

PM

The 09 bar doesnt seem to be much improvment as I have 2 issues.

1) The donkey dick falls outs at least once per session - I cant quite work out why it is doing this I think it may be too long? I compared it to the 08 bar and it seems the same length. I will measure them to confirm.

2) The new Swivel. After doing backrolls / rotations and untwisting the lines sometimes the swivel wont swivel. I have to stop and give it a jerk and twist to get it swiveling again.

Anyone else had any of the above problems / solutions?

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Had the DD come out once, don’t know how it came, thought i forgot to put it right.. looks like it can come out.. will pay attention next session.
No problems with rotations.
Try frontrolls next time.. wink
Regards,
Arjan

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

Sounds like the filling in the donkey dick has fallen out. Have a look and see if it’s hollow.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

My DD is hollow.. from the start, looks normal but I’ll see your point, it is flexy…

Total Posts: 572

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I have not had any issues with my dick. Never had it fall out once. Noticeably longer than last year.

As for the swivel nothing untoward to report at this time.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

andy - 22 February 2009 09:27 PM

I have not had any issues with my dick. Never had it fall out once. Noticeably longer than last year.

Andy,
we, I mean I have no problem with my dick.. never falls out.. and still same length as last year..
Did you need the surgery?
Regards,
Arjan

Ps, Sorry, open goal.. wink

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-10-20

PM

mine is hollow, i was thinking of jamming some plastic dow stuff in there make it really stiff.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

I just cruise around with mine hanging out all of the time anyway!

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2008-10-05

PM

Janus - 22 February 2009 09:36 PM
andy - 22 February 2009 09:27 PM

Andy,
we, I mean I have no problem with my dick.. never falls out.. and still same length as last year..
Did you need the surgery?
Regards,
Arjan

Ps, Sorry, open goal.. wink

Arjan….
Shame on you…..hahhaha good one!!

Total Posts: 572

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Kitejunkiee - 22 February 2009 11:55 PM

mine is hollow, i was thinking of jamming some plastic dow stuff in there make it really stiff.

LOL

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

hmmm,

i know the older bars had a filling in the Donkey Dick to keep it rigid. see if you can stuff it thne melt the end so it stays hard.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep Ireland

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

Please be VERY careful if you intend to modify the donkey dick with any form of “stiffener”.
We’ve tested this here at OR with terrible results.
Stiff Tips or sections on the donkey dick may bind/catch in the harness hook as it attempts to slide out of the enclosed harness hook. (this may happen when you activate your chicken loop quick release.)

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

The issue is likely with your harness hook. Some are more open than others, and as such can be prone to both the dick (and subsequently) the chicken loop popping out. Make sure it’s not stone cold, and then clamp it in a vice to close it up a bit.

With regards to the swivel, yours may need some lube, as in general the ‘09 swivel works very well in my own experience and from what I have observed.

I am testing this stuff out for sailing applications, and will also give it a go on the trim line and swivel to see if there is any benefit.

http://www.mclubemarine.com/sailkote/

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 349

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

on the swivel mclube works a treat.. ive used it for a while.. also on my pullies. and spray on silicon lubricant will do the some job for cheaper also.

as for the donkey dick… my usual chicken loop doesnt even have one wink  cut the bugger off!

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Richard Myerscough - 23 February 2009 06:33 PM

Please be VERY careful if you intend to modify the donkey dick with any form of “stiffener”.
We’ve tested this here at OR with terrible results.
Stiff Tips or sections on the donkey dick may bind/catch in the harness hook as it attempts to slide out of the enclosed harness hook. (this may happen when you activate your chicken loop quick release.)

Richard are you saying the stiffener can impair the Quick Release action? Tricky!

Crew stop hiding your copy of the Penthouse Xmas edition in the bar pocket!

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Hi Kitejunkiee,
I got the same problems, wil post in my post..
Regards,
Arjan