New Ocean Rodeo Home Page

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Hello All!

As you have likely noticed we have recently overhauled your favourite home page to make it even more relevant and to try to centralize all your most common tasks here at OR HQ.

As with any webpage update there are likely to be bugs. If you encounter any strange behaviour I’d appreciate it if you could post the problem here in a reply to the thread. Please, if posting issues make a note of your opperating system and web browser software including - if possible - the version numbers. for example, I am currently viewing this page on a Windows XP Pro SP3 machine with IE Explorer 8 - simple!

We’re stoked to have such an amazing group of riders together on our Crew and appreciate all of your contributions to the site and our product line ups. It’s our hope that this new home page will help to make your interaction with the rest of the community easier and even more enjoyable!

Mad respects to the Crew!

John Z - OR

Total Posts: 574

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

John I have’nt worked out what my operating system is yet but suspect it’s windows xp.

I’ve noticed that when posting on the Global/UK Message Board you cant see your text as you’re typing it but when you hitb the transmiot button it appeardes on thed board. Fortunately I did’nt have any spellkinhg mistekes grin

Also can your ‘web guru’ offer any explanation as to why I always appear logged on on the forum when I visit the site even though I should’nt be ‘cos I have’nt ticked that box? Even so when I try to post on the session log or forum it asks for my log on details again? Hope you understand what I’m getting at?

Thanks all at OR HQ for a great site and community spirit!

andy

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

Andy, if you are indeed running Windows, look for the My Computer icon and press the right mouse button.  Select Properties from the menu, and you’ll see what version you’re running including any Service Packs.

As for always being shown as logged in, what happens when you click on the logout link?

Signature

14m Rise ‘07, 12m Razor ‘12, 10m Razor ‘10, 8m Razor ‘11, 6m Razor ‘11
129 Zen ‘09, 150 Mako ‘09, 159 Spleene Door, 6’1” Circle One

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Andy, I’ll have our Web Guru James get back to ya!

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

My operating system is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

I don’t have my system set to show me as logged in when I visit our site but I always seem to be shown as logged in when I go to the forum page. If I then want to post, enter a session or do anything else that involves inputting details it always throws me back stating I must be logged on to perform whatever the function is I’m attempting to perform. Do you understand what I’m getting at? I then have to log in as you’d expect- all then becomes ‘hunky dorey!’

‘Hunky dorey’=Good to go!  grin

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2009-02-14

PM

andy - 07 April 2009 05:51 PM

My operating system is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

I don’t have my system set to show me as logged in when I visit our site but I always seem to be shown as logged in when I go to the forum page. If I then want to post, enter a session or do anything else that involves inputting details it always throws me back stating I must be logged on to perform whatever the function is I’m attempting to perform. Do you understand what I’m getting at? I then have to log in as you’d expect- all then becomes ‘hunky dorey!’

‘Hunky dorey’=Good to go!  grin

This is just a ‘shot in the dark’, but do you click on the ‘Log-Out’ (when in the Forum section) at the top of the web page before leaving the Ocean Rodeo web site?

Just a thought.

Allen

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Thanks Allen

Yes I do do that makes no difference.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

Clearly you’re not actually logged in, otherwise you wouldn’t have to enter your details to do something.  So the homepage showing that you’re logged in is not right.  I’m sure the web guru will be on the case.  For me, I have the forum remember who I am through the cookies.  The homepage does not show me as being logged in.

Oh BTW, I briefly checked the site last night, using Firefox 3.07 running on Linux Ubuntu 8.10, and it all looked good.

Signature

14m Rise ‘07, 12m Razor ‘12, 10m Razor ‘10, 8m Razor ‘11, 6m Razor ‘11
129 Zen ‘09, 150 Mako ‘09, 159 Spleene Door, 6’1” Circle One

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2008-04-04

PM

Hi All,

Okay, Andy, I think I have solved all your problems. The forums will show you logged out as they should when you are logged out, and you can see when you type in the message boards now.

A few other fixes here and there. Thanks for the feedback, and if you have any more issues, just drop a note here.

Thanks

Signature