Session 2 Harness
Posted: 26 May 2009 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2007-10-03

I just got my new Session 2 Harness and I am excited to try it out.
I have been using Dakine Harnesses for years and assumed everyone had a quick release for the spreader bar.
Am I correct that each time I want to put on or take off this harness I have to thread the strap through the spreader bar and then the buckle.. ?
This could be tough in winter conditions.
Other than this, the harness looks and feels great.

Posted: 28 May 2009 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2009-02-20

I’ve had the session 1 harness for a year and a half or so.  The lack of a quick release is a bit of a hassle (and you’re right, especially so snow kiting) and that’s something that would have been a nice addition to the S2.  I spent a lot of time looking for a quick release mechanism last year, but they just didn’t seem to be offered for sale unless you were buying the whole harness.  I did just find a few weeks ago that you can get the new Mystic clicker bar by itself here:  http://www.live2kite.com/mystic-clicker-bar-09-warrior-ii-p-876.html?osCsid=e1c81e3eb1b2ca8fdf9c56adfee46842 .  Of course, that takes another $60 out of your pocket.  I haven’t bought one yet, so i can’t comment on how it works, but it’s on my wish list.

For anyone out there with some metal working skills, a nice (and much cheaper) solution that people would buy would be a clip similar to the one on the dakine harness that you could thread a single piece of 1 1/2” (?) webbing thru (dakine’s clip is designed to attach to 2 smaller pieces of webbing and won’t work on harneseses with a single wider piece of webbing like on the OR and many other harnesses).

Posted: 28 May 2009 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2007-10-03

Thanks for the lead on the Mystic clicker bar.
I have been spoiled by Dakine harnesses for years now and just assumed everyone else was doing the same.
If I work anything else out I will let you know.

Posted: 29 May 2009 12:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2007-05-22

JZ Upgrade for 2010?

Posted: 29 May 2009 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2008-02-06

I have the mystic from last year on mine and it is perfect.

Posted: 29 May 2009 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2006-01-11

Personally I’m not fan of the clip….and have always stayed away from harnesses with them. The 30 seconds it takes to feed the strap through the buckle is not a big deal, but what you get out of it is - the ability to do the harness up super tight for a really snug fit. With the clips I could never get the same result. Besides, you’re only doing it one side of the hook since once you get it adjusted the first time you only need to undo one side to put it on and off.

Signature 

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Posted: 29 May 2009 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2008-04-20

I agree with you Evan, I have the prolimit kiteseat pro (my second one) before other Prolimit kiteseats. Bought a new Prolimit seat cause the clip (not realy a clip, more a QR) did accidental release.. and yes the same thing happens with the new one.. (solved it with an extra bungee) So when I need a new harness it will be without a clip or QR..  I will happily try a OR harness, unfortunatly I will not make it to Tarifa, I’ll be at Corse then..

Posted: 30 May 2009 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  519
Joined  2008-04-13

I’m on a Mystic harness now, ditched the clip and now I’m putting in on “skirt style”. When I take it off, I feed out the strap but leave it in the buckle, this saves me routing the strap through the buckle when I put it back on. It also keeps me in touch with my female side.

Posted: 31 May 2009 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2009-02-14

Kinda curious as to what kind of ‘buckle clip’ the OR session 2 harness uses.

I’m sure some people know what most motorcycle helmets use as a ‘buckle’ for the straps from the helmet.  Is that the same kind of buckle setup the session 2 harness uses?  The ‘buckle’ that my motorcycle helmets use for the straps is very strong and holds very well.  Seems like that would the be type to use on a session 2 harness as well.

Just a thought.

Allen