And so it begins…..2010 Mako King!!!!

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2008-04-03

PM

How ‘bout putting a big deck pad on that guy, and rock sans straps?

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2006-04-18

PM

Sans straps on this board is going to be killa! 

I occasionally rock the original 150 Mako strapless with just a good amount of wax - It’s a fun, skatey ride but this thing is going to be a blast strapless.  A good amount of wax is really I’ll expect you’ll need to lose the straps.

Pre-ordered mine today!

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Great looking board, I shall consider it.

Some questions:
The board comes configured as a twin tip with pads and straps. How many fins does it ship with? Two would be implied from the twin tip configuration. Are there special mutant foot straps and/or pads? Do these ship separately?

I like the idea of bringing back a mutant.

regards
Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2009-06-03

PM

Good day, everyone,

First of all, need to tell, that 2010 Mako King looks awsome, hope it rides awsome too smile.

But I do have a question about a 2010 Mako King:

If this board is designed to ride twin tip mode and mutant mode as a regular surf board, shouldn’t straps for it be mutant too ? I mean, that when I will ride one side, the straps will be ok, bu if I will make a turn, I won’t be able use straps anymore, because, straps are not “mutant”. Of course, except if I will ride back in switch stance smile.

Did I explained my question clear ? If not, please, let me know and I will do my best to explain better.

Thank You for You answers.

Have a good day,
Milijonas

Team Baltic, Lithuania

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

Good question Milijonas
What you are asking is will the footstraps be a dual entry strap to ride from either side or single entry to ride like a twin tip.
(I don’t have the answer but just clarifying your question for some)
Board looks fantastic, King Kamehamako
Mark

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2006-04-18

PM

The straps and pads will be symmetrical allowing you to ride either direction when riding as a mutant.

Inserts allow for midline riding (mutant) or ducked (twin tip).

Should be a killer board.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2009-09-09

PM

Guys, I really like this Mako KING design.

What about the low wind capabilities of this board?
Is it equal to or better than a DOOR?

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Jero,

I can’t make a direct comparison to a Door (you’ll never catch me on something that isn’t fun to ride….smile ), but I can say that the light wind performance of the King is outstanding. Basically, if the wind’s too light to ride a King and have fun on it, you’re better off staying on the beach!

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I put my mako 150 wide next to the King at Nitinat and thought right away that this new board
is going to have even greater range than the 150.
It was sure popular, because I never had a chance to grab one and ride it.
They had a couple for use, but each was set up either goofy or regular stance.
Dual entry is another great option and would allow for a lot of riding styles.
I spoke to guys who rode the King and they noticed right away how easy this board points upwind.
It should be killer in surf conditions, and anywhere else where the tide or winds are conspiring to keep you downwind.
For really lite winds I am hooked on my race board…it rips!

Ross and his awesome prototypes.

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

OK I have a question, since I hate riding surf directional.  Is the light wind performance the same riding twin tip as riding mutant.  You would think that you would lose some riding mutant as more weight riding at the rear of the board.  Second how is it riding toe side while set up in Mutant.  Third is there any left for pre-order of the first batch if not if I order one now would I have it by late April.

Thanks,

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 180

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Yeah if I don’t pre-order one when will it be available?

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

000044105 - 11 September 2009 05:07 PM

OK I have a question, since I hate riding surf directional.  Is the light wind performance the same riding twin tip as riding mutant.  You would think that you would lose some riding mutant as more weight riding at the rear of the board.  Second how is it riding toe side while set up in Mutant.  Third is there any left for pre-order of the first batch if not if I order one now would I have it by late April.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason,

Performance in light wind is about the same whether you’re riding mutant or twin tip style - volume and rail length don’t change of course so if there is a difference it’s not really noticeable. Either way, it’s really great!

Toeside rocks on this board - from this aspect it’s one of the best boards I’ve ever ridden. Even taking off and landing jumps toeside is easy.

We’ll have these boards soon, so having one for April won’t be an issue - just don’t wait until last minute to order in case we happen to be oversold at the time… grin

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

I got to ride the King and love it. Carves great, goes up wind like a surfboard, doesn’t feel as big as it’s dimensions! I was in marginal winds with the new 9m Rise and was able to go upwind while others were struggeling. Can’t wait to get mine in the surf, when I get it!! How soon before the release? Thanks Windance for the treat!!
Pete

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Broke down just ordered mine, getting rid of my spleen monster door and Jimmy lewis Chamber 6’1 replacing with one board, anyone interested in my two boards.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2007-01-05

PM

How soon before the release? Thanks Windance for the treat!!

First production run has arrived…first boards are going out the door today!!

Anyone with pre-orders should see them early next week.