2010 Ocean Rodeo Rise Venturi XPD!!!

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2008-05-24

PM

Just finished another session on the new 11M Rise and am totally stoked!  Stefaans from Windy Devil kiting told me the new
11 would fly similar to a small kite, nothing like my 09 12M.  Kited yesterday in less than perfect winds (12-15 mph) but
lost nothing in upwind ability compared to the 12.  Today, winds started at 15 increasing to lower 20’s. The kite is so fast
and stable, and jumps insane.  And the range is incredible.  Now, unsure which is my favorite kite between the 11 and 8!

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2008-07-06

PM

If I replace my 2008 12m with a 2010, should I go for 11m or 12m again? I’m 85kgs and need about 15knots to have fun with my current 12m and 132x40cm board.

I currently tend towards the 12m but if the 11m is faster and more fun I might reconsider.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2010-07-24

PM

Wanted to post an update on the probs I had with 9&11m; Rise…

Issue was to do with how well (or poorly) I’d pumped the kite. Flew 9m at w/e, used pressure gauge on pump to ensure I had at least 9psi and it flew like a dream. No more hindenburg.

Then the 11m. Pumped it up. Help g/f get on water ...came back to kite after about an hr, flat. Clearly a puncture somewhere in main bladder. Need to get this fixed but am confident now this is not a design issue. Just pump them hard…

Thx for everyone’s help.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2010-07-05

PM

Ed Botterill - 02 August 2010 01:58 PM

Wanted to post an update on the probs I had with 9&11m; Rise…

Issue was to do with how well (or poorly) I’d pumped the kite. Flew 9m at w/e, used pressure gauge on pump to ensure I had at least 9psi and it flew like a dream. No more hindenburg.

Then the 11m. Pumped it up. Help g/f get on water ...came back to kite after about an hr, flat. Clearly a puncture somewhere in main bladder. Need to get this fixed but am confident now this is not a design issue. Just pump them hard…

Thx for everyone’s help.

Thanks for posting the follow up.

Signature

Safe riding,

Vik
http://www.thelazyrando.com

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2008-05-24

PM

Twinkler…. I weigh 75 kgs and ride a 133 x 40 TT.  The new 11 for me flies completely different than the 09 12m.
The new 6 strut design is super stable and the quickness gives me as much low end as the 12.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-09-02

PM

Hi,

I’ve been trying to find out the wind range of the OR Rise Venturi XPD. I’ve checked the website of the product, the forums, the Internet and read the manual, but couldn’t find anything about it. Does anyone know where I can find the wind range chart for Venturi XPD?

Regards,

Eke

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Ok I was just wondering I’ve been riding my 2010 Rise 12m for awhile now and have never tried the slow speed setting, so basically is there an overview on which gives you the most power. I know the manual shows which settings have more depower, tendency to stall, but that looks like it was an older version, not the 2010, it’s probably the same but still.

I’m just checking to see if the slow speed setting would provide a bit more power and more loft in jumps.