Ocean Rodeo SLE 3.0 Bar Page Live!!

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2007-01-05

PM

Check it out! The new SLE bar page is now live!! Scheduled to arrive end of September.

http://oceanrodeo.com/kiting/sle-bar-3

Total Posts: 108

Joined 2007-01-24

PM

Wow.

Total Posts: 185

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Great, as always, good job rudo and ross !!

Total Posts: 349

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

thats the dogs bollocks mate

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2008-10-01

PM

It looks awesome! Good work!

charley

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep.
St. John’s Newfoundland, Canada

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2008-10-30

PM

Everyone is stoked about the new bar

Keep up the GREAT R&D

Signature

Yvan Laviolette
Eastern Canadian Rep
Ocean Rodeo sports
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

Please or people stop I’m broke but I want that bar, it looks so hot!!!!!!!Need it bad.

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

Is it out in the end of september, is tere a biggish chicken loop you can get with it to make hookin in easier and how much around,also what size of bar would be best for a a 6 and 10m kite,Ithink the small size.

Joined 2008-10-01

PM

Sean, the bar is adjustable, you can move the pre-lines at both ends of the bar in and out, for a small or bigger bar size feeling.

cheers and winds to everybody
Charley

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep.

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

YEAH but ya know how there is one bar thats somethin like 42 - 49 and then another one thats 48 to 55.

Total Posts: 574

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I’d say definately the smaller size with a 6 and 10 Rise combo.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

Thougth that alright.how about price.

Joined 2008-10-01

PM

Right! so for 6 and 10m the same small bar smile

ch

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2007-01-25

PM

was mass bar 3.0 .. Congratulations Ocean Rodeo ...

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

lookin at the bar and cant find the suicide set up ring!?do you connect your leash to the trim line above the quick release now when you want to fly suicide set up?

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

yeah the suicide ring is supposed to sit between the gray head part and the black body or the CL. We made one that had an issue so there will be a new part. Believe me, it’s gonna spin!

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2006-12-26

PM

Just wonderfull bar…

great job guys…..

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2008-07-12

PM

Do we know sg about the price and when it will be available?
Thanks!

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2009-07-24

PM

The bar really does look sweet!

But, what is going on with the suicide attachment? I’m a bit confused by El Rudo’s post and I don’t see a suicide leash point like there is on my 2008 bars in the photos. There is going to be one?

Sketches on napkins, random doodles, or even just a picture of the current setup with a big arrow showing where the leash point is supposed to go would be great.

Also, big bar or small bar for an 11m?

Silas

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Silas,
The suicide leash connection will be below the bar, SPINNING on a metal ring for you! This was a request from some of our unhooked pro guys. Here’s a picture of an early version, we’re currently changing this since there was an issue with the ring. I don’t know about shipping details and whether it made it to the Rise bar. Somehow it didn’t make it to the first photos…

It’s the metal ring between the gray head and the black body, close to the 2 trim line insertion points. Again, it will look slightly different!

The leashing you’re referring to is the single front line flagging option which we don’t recommend for everyday use. This has caused a lot of discussion on Kiteforum, Evan and I have explained everything about 20 times here.

So, there are 3 was of leashing available:
1: standard to the trim loop line
2: spinning ring on the chickenloop hub
3: single front line flagging

John and Ross made a super relaxed video this week showing some of the options:

For the 11m go for the 42-49 bar (small), I’m just back from a session on the 12m with it and it’s spot on.
Enjoy!

Joined 2009-07-24

PM

Thanks El Rudo! I’d seen the video before, which was what had started to get me worried. I also calmed down a bit after rereading your first post.

That kiteforum link is an interesting read. I’ve had one occasion where I really wished I could flag the kite on one line as ejecting the quick release didn’t provide anywhere near enough depower. Having said that, I should have been on a smaller kite in the first place and in the 99.99% of other cases I’ve been completely happy with the existing OR system. I certainly wouldn’t trade it for an over the bar leash point.

Silas

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-07-13

PM

Any differences at all in bar throw between the 2009 bar and the 2010 bar?
  (I’m considering using a 2009 bar with 2010 kites).

On the 2010 bar the chicken loop release will function when unhooked.  On my 2009 bar I’ve twice become accidentally unhooked (chicken loop twisting off the harness hook). In that situation, the 2009 release is jammed up against the bar, so its not readily release-able.
Any comments?

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Alan, afaik the bar throw is the same as the 09.
Re. The chickenloop release, the 2010 does release with the bar against it. But why would you want to open the CL when you’re already unhooked wink

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-07-13

PM

Oops, my mistake.  I guess I was in a rush, not thinking, and incorrectly mixed up this feature with
http://oceanrodeo.com/forums/viewthread/1788/
which I had forgotten the details of. Different problem. Doh!

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

I’ve used this bar (pre-production, 42-49) on 8m, 10m, and 12m and even a 14m sessions a couple of times now and I’m happy with the grip and curved shape. It’s comfortable, easy on the hands, works well with and without gloves, and somehow it’s a nice shape to throw around. One handed feels better too.

These are all small differences - nothing sensational - but together it works really well. The CL - just does what it’s there for. The cleat is way more easy to operate, and the donkey dick is more reliable.

Like with any new bar the grip material needs some breaking in, I remember the previous bars having really grippy EVA that became softer on the hands after a couple of sessions, same here.

I thought you guys wanted to know!

Joined 2009-07-24

PM

Sooooo, some months along now and I saw a recent post over on the 2010 Rise topic that suicide leash points still are not shipping with the 3.0 bars? Is this correct, and if so when will they be, if ever? And if never, will they at least be available as a kit from OR?

Cheers

Edit: 2 weeks, not a peep, no one knows anything?? I really want to order new kites but am holding off until this issue is clarified.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2008-01-23

PM

-

Any news on Suicide leash attachment point on the bar?

Thanks

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

Ditto above.

Anyone riding suicide? Clipping the leash to the Chicken loop works but it gets in the way when hooking back in.
I’ve started clipping to the point where the loop splits to go through the tab that’s secured in the release cuff. Not sure if it’s advisable there but it’s out the way.

Signature

The only kiter in the Village