Bottom peeling on Mako Wide

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2009-10-27

PM

Hey Guys,

My baby is hurt:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3925685&l=3a9df86c7f&id=581559602

Happened last Sunday out of the blue, board didn’t get any noticeable knocks or bangs (shes very clean). I was cruising and notice that something wasn’t right…. I stopped up and was nearly brought to tears wink

I’ve had the board since January but only been using since March/April as I’m only kitesurfing for 6 months….  love the Mako!

I’m hoping that this is covered by warranty? I purchased the board from http://www.kingofwatersports.com (UK). Do I return it to them in the UK or have to you a Mako representative in Ireland that could have a look at it?

Cheers
Ivan

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Ivan, I believe I just spoke with Charlotte from KoWS about this. Please get to her the following information to speed the warranty process:

1) Invoice or date of purchase from KoWS
2) Size of board, 140x40 or 150x40?
3) Photo of the serial number, on the tail of the board by the fin - she already has photos of the damage
4) Address to ship the replacement to, including your cell number and an indication of if this is a residential or commercial building.

We’re sorry that this has happened to your board but, provided you bought it within the last year, we will do all we can to get you back on the water quickly. If you wish to really help, copy .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on the email you send to Charlotte as he will be processing the exchange.

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2009-10-27

PM

Hi John,

Thanks for the speedy reply, I’ll do all you suggest above.

Cheers
I

Joined 2009-10-27

PM

Hi John,

Photo taken of serial and all the info requested has been sent to KoWS & .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

I

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

John,
I had the same thing happen to my ‘09 Mako 140, I love this board, I don’t want to ride anything else, and I was cruising along today and pretty much could feel something drag, and one of the rails delamed.

I sent you a e-mail through the OR Forums, but I’m not sure it went through. The board is 6 months old and I purchased it from Ocean Extreme Sports in St. Augustine, FL, although I live in Charleston, SC.

By the way, the local OR rep, Chris, was really helpful and lent me the King for the rest of my session today.

Image Attachments

Side_Mako.jpg
Top_Mako.jpg

Joined 2009-10-27

PM

Hey ajones,

very same thing happened me…. was crusing along and the board start to feel funny….

Don’t fret…OR looked after me very well !

Contact their customer service!

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Yep Ocean Rodeo hooked it up with a brand new 2010 Mako 140 to replace my delamed board. Great customer service, everyone was extremely helpful.

Now if I can just get a couple of OR Rises thrown in, ha.

Thanks again OR