so this is how this forum works

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Someone started a thread this week about a slow turning One. The guy was understandably flipped out, having shelled out a few bucks. I replied that I had had a similar experience. the next day I received this in a PM from mfd1068:

THIS HAS BEEN REMOVED BY A MODERATOR

there are a lot of us that felt the larger One’s flew slow. Apperently so did the OR crew, why else would they be offering us a bridle mod. People want to come here and find out that they are not crazy but I guess unless you have ONLY positive things to say about OR you are profanely shouted down. Way to go guys, fair and balanced.

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Re: so this is how this forum works

[quote author=“hiway12”]People want to come here and find out that they are not crazy but I guess unless you have ONLY positive things to say about OR you are profanely shouted down.

Hiway Man,

Indeed, your comments, suggestions and etc are welcome here. Obviously we would love to have this forum be a bastion of only positive things to be said about our brand but we also look at this as a place where suggestions can be made, observations voiced and improvments commented on.

With respect to MFD’s comments to you, I am sorry that an individual would express himself in that way but remind you that this is a public forum and that Ocean Rodeo has no way of controlling the actions of others.

However, I think that the essential point that he was attempting to make was that the One kite can turn quite quickly if you fly it differently.

The bridle modifications we suggested and the other tips are all by means of a way to improve the turning speed of the kites but there is also a lot to be said about technique, which is not to dismiss your flying skills.

Many people coming from a C kite background will be used to pulling fully powered turns on their kite. Our One kite needs a different approach and once you dial it in it turns quickly for you!

As you initiate the turn crank in on the bar to surge the kite forward while simultaneously initiating the turn. Once turning, sheet the bar out to allow the kite to snap around. Sheet back in to slow the kite’s turn and ride away!

John Z - OR

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

thanks John,
While I was disappointed in the 12m One, I still love my Session harness and Pyro Pro and feel pretty good about the 9m One I hung on to. I just feel for the guy that dropped a grand and doesn’t understand why he has to learn a special technique for turning the kite and I never saw the bridle mod materialize, just a lot of us asking for it.