10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

8m era and 10m Diablo are pretty close overall.  The Era has more top end, but its survival.  Sheeted out that much any bridled kite is pretty crap.  Still it does it as well as can be expected.  The kites actual fun range are pretty much the same.

Had yet another heavy day on the 10 that blew up just after I landed it to full on 6m weather.  If I had it, I would have put it up.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

Col, the 10m will be too close to your 9m, so forget about it.  I’m not sure the 11m will get you going from 15mph without you having another board… but if you really don’t want the 12m then I’d say the decision is clear.  I think. wink

Signature

14m Rise ‘07, 12m Razor ‘12, 10m Razor ‘10, 8m Razor ‘11, 6m Razor ‘11
129 Zen ‘09, 150 Mako ‘09, 159 Spleene Door, 6’1” Circle One

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

harry.allerston - 03 November 2009 09:42 PM

man up and commit. youre a lardy bastard so get the 11 raspberry

Harry Poo stance

Harry Poo stance

Harry Poo stance

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

vpas - 04 November 2009 08:09 AM

Col, the 10m will be too close to your 9m, so forget about it.  I’m not sure the 11m will get you going from 15mph without you having another board… but if you really don’t want the 12m then I’d say the decision is clear.  I think. wink

I really don’t think the 12m is the boy Dave. Remember Saturday at Vansurf, after the squall. The wind was around the 25mph mark, no higher from memory and I was completely lit on the 11m. With a 12m I wouldn’t get far over 22mph I’d guess.

Strange kites these RISEs - screw up the sizing charts you’ve built up in your head.

Harry “poo stance” gets going pretty early on his 10m and max’s out between 25 - 30mph. Agreed that’s some overlap with the 9m which would give me a little more on top.

Anyway time to move on….............

OK next kite….............................7m, 8m or 9m…....................................................

I’ll get my coat

Signature

Total Posts: 349

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

7.5!

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Andy….Surfboard
Colyn…11m
Dave….Your perfect as you are, dont go changin’
Harry….I want to say 8/12m Diablos but get OR to hook you up with closeout ‘09s!

Now everyone get back to work!

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

Benjamin Vine - 04 November 2009 11:10 AM

Andy….Surfboard
Colyn…11m
Dave….Your perfect as you are, dont go changin’
Harry….I want to say 8/12m Diablos but get OR to hook you up with closeout ‘09s!

Now everyone get back to work!

says you Mr V, what time did you post this?

I’m on ‘07 Diablos, 8 and 12, and an ‘06 16m Diablo (which probably wont be used again, too slow lol)
a new, shiny, virginal (well in the water anyway) Session 2.0 courtesy of my chick,
Litewave Tsunami 133
Litewave 169 for light winds and when I’m just too lardy for the lighter stuff on my 12. Though the King would replace this if I could afford it!

Would like to change to Rises, but need a cash injection before that :0(

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, better than a warm soapy tit wank.

Total Posts: 573

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Yes Ben I know….a surf board is on the wish list but I’m currently in training for next season’s PKRA competitions so busy learning other stuff at present.

Woody your ‘07 Diablo’s look sick with those ‘Devil’ graphics on the wing tips. Are they in good nick? If you were to change which size Rises would you go with and why?

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

I blame Ben. I listened to him….....................................................once

Signature

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

I’m not sure yet mate to be honest, possibly a 12 and 8 or 9 maybe an 11 and 8 as I am a bit lardy :0)

by the way did you lose a grey towel at Vansurf?

Signature

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Grey towel? No not me. Check with Ben-he has previous for leavin’ towels in Wales!

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

Hi Andy,

I replied to your other message this morning, sorry, I thought it would have had the full email trail included. Doh!

On another note, I got the chance to take out my Session 2.0 yesterday for the first time and I love it. I was on a Dakine fusion before ( I think its the fusion) and the difference is amazing. Much much more comfy and I can see me changing to waist only format in the not too distant future.

Also, being part hobbit, I found the shorter length of the hook to be better for me. I’ve always struggled by about an inch or so to get full depower on the bar unless I was riding with some 5th line and depower above the bar as my arms are just a tad too short. Now, no problems, its great smile.

I also ended up trying a friends 08 10m rise as the wind was at that point where I could have been on either of my 8m or my 12m diablo (about 25mph) unfortunately I second guessed myself again and took out the 8m. Should have been the 12. But one of the girls lent me her 10m Rise as I couldn’t be bothered to inflate the 12. What a revelation. I know I was slightly underpowered on the 8 and couldn’t get upwind, but the Rise was just awesome. So much depower available but so responsive as well. Up to that point my session was mediocre at best. With the Rise I came off the water with a big smile.

Only one problem now. I need a Rise. That is need, not want lol.

Oh, and for those of you not on faceplant. Whilst the rest of us were out on the water, Mr Vine was checking out half naked rednecks with mullets on the web…...........

Signature

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Yeah I realise now that that ‘out of the blue’ fleaBay message was from you Phil. I have replied with my home phone number so give me a call when you’re able to matey!

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Have you got the 6m Diablo yet Brent?

Signature

andy

Dorset UK