Size 6/7 Rise 2010

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2010-05-06

PM

To compare to my quiver is the 6m exact 6m2 how is it measured with or without fronttube.
thanks

I´ll ask because my Caution 9m is 7.2m2 and the 6 is 5m2 without tubes and I´m looking for a kite betwen these.

Björn

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

The square meter is only one aspect in the design of a kite. There is the camber and tunneling which have a great influence on the power/ Depower.  What weight are you and what wind speed do you require the kite for will give a better indication for what kite you need. For me at 90+ kg the 7 is a hot kite for windy days and is the smallest I use.  For teaching I use a 6 m but it is a little small and to quick for me to ride with.  Smaller less well fed and generally under nourished folk love the 6m But they need to drink more.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2010-05-06

PM

I´´m alittle over 100kg and using a Surfboard only + I have very good skills for lightwind, I look for a Kite thats starts working around 23kt with well upwind in waves with some current with the wind mostly side-side/on windswell 2-4m 5-10sec. the Kite should feel small and i like them to be very fast in turning and flying speed.
My 9m starts araound 19kt but starts to feel big in 24kt the 6m starts at 28kt.
Please dont think that I´´m crazy but I have so many days were a real 6m will fit perfect but not many Brands carry them.

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Surfboard + 6m rises Sweet.

Total Posts: 108

Joined 2007-01-24

PM

bjorn - 16 May 2010 09:23 PM

I´´m alittle over 100kg and using a Surfboard only + I have very good skills for lightwind, I look for a Kite thats starts working around 23kt with well upwind in waves with some current with the wind mostly side-side/on windswell 2-4m 5-10sec. the Kite should feel small and i like them to be very fast in turning and flying speed.
My 9m starts araound 19kt but starts to feel big in 24kt the 6m starts at 28kt.
Please dont think that I´´m crazy but I have so many days were a real 6m will fit perfect but not many Brands carry them.

I used the 2010 6 m Rise and surfboard combo quite a bit last winter. The kite has a very good low end for such a small kite, so I think 23 kt would be right around its starting point. The best thing about this kite is how stable it is for a 6 m. I was very impressed. The 6 m Rise sounds like it would be a good fit for what you are asking.