What OTHER brand bars work with the RISE????

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

I just wanted to know if anybody has used other bars with the 08, 09, 10 Rise kites?  Did they work fine?

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Zack,

Any brand’s bar will work so long as all 4 lines are the same length and you remember that our outside lines have “kook” proof connectors that add about 2” to the rear line length when attaching to the kite.

Of note, be sure that you are comfortable with the potential depower of the kite when using the kites with a different brand’s bar. I am unsure of how well the kites would depower given the variety of bar styles out there, we rely on the massive amount of throw on the 2008, 9 and 10 bars to let the kites safely depower off the front lines.

Welcome to the Crew!

John Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager, Ocean Rodeo.

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

I could let you know as soon as Monday if the Core ESP bar works with the 2010 Rise. To make swaps of this kite with my Core and Best kite, I removed the Rise back bridle lines and substituted them for a knotted pigtail bridle attachment. With John’s comment, I think I know what knot to test the kite on.

If you like a pull-pull above the bar depower, the Core is one of the best bars out there. Anyway, I will let you know.

kind regards
Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Zack,
I was out on my new Rise 9M with my Core bar. What JohnZ said was true, more or less. Most kites have a pigtail knots on the rear bridle allowing for fine adjustments of the kite angle, pre flight. I would consider substituting the rear line loop with a knotted ponytail very important for an above the bar pull-pull trim system since it cannot accommodate as much depower as the Rise SLE bar below the bar trim. Other bars with twin rope-clam cleat systems should not require much modification, aside from the comment John made with the addtional 2 inches.

Anyway, It is great to be able to use my Core ESP bar now on my new Rise kite!

regards
Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Kirk - 23 May 2010 06:55 PM

Zack,
I was out on my new Rise 9M with my Core bar. What JohnZ said was true, more or less. Most kites have a pigtail knots on the rear bridle allowing for fine adjustments of the kite angle, pre flight. I would consider substituting the rear line loop with a knotted ponytail very important for an above the bar pull-pull trim system since it cannot accommodate as much depower as the Rise SLE bar below the bar trim. Other bars with twin rope-clam cleat systems should not require much modification, aside from the comment John made with the addtional 2 inches.

Anyway, It is great to be able to use my Core ESP bar now on my new Rise kite!

regards
Kirk

Got the new 2011 Free Style bar. What a treat!

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

hey thanks kirk for your help….yea thats weird OR uses knots on the front lines and and larks heads on the back since thats the complete opposite of the industry.  I have a new best bar and was thinking of using it with the 8m but the best bar has all larks heads on the bar.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2011-04-24

PM

johnz - 20 May 2010 11:22 PM

Any brand’s bar will work so long as all 4 lines are the same length and you remember that our outside lines have “kook” proof connectors that add about 2” to the rear line length when attaching to the kite.

That is add 2” to the rear line length of the kite pigtails - correct?  All 4 lines of the SLE bar are equal NOT counting the “kook"proof connectors.  If that is the case, why wouldn’t the kook proof connectors just be added to the different bar assuming all 4 lines are equal before the kook proof extensions.