Kite problem

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-10-03

PM

Hi, I finally talked my friend into buying an OR 2008 12M rise after he has had Best Waroos for the last several years. I told him how bullet proof they were and he bought one new.
The first time he pumped it up one of the struts seams blew. He sent it back to OR for a repair and new strut bladder.
It flys great and he loves it, but the other day the same strut blew the bladder out the rear.
We landed the kite and fixed it with tear aide at the end of the blabber and relaunched it. After he landed it from the session the same strut that OR repired blew the seam and it was worse and went up to the leading edge. Being without a kite he took it to a local dealer for a repair job as we were on a week long trip out of town.
To make a long story short, it is ironic how much trouble he has had with this kite. I wish OR would replace this kite or really repair if for him. The bladder still leaks and the new sew job is not factory and questionable.
Both myself and OR has lost credibility on this issue.
I am not knocking the product or the company as I have been ith OR for 3 years and everything has been flawless, so I know this is a fluke, but still embarrassing.
Thanks

Joined 2007-10-03

PM

Is Ocean Rodeo going to respond to this ?
Not sure how to proceed.

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

Hi D cole5

Just drop John Z an email
with your story .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) he will sort this out for you.
We had some problems in the past,  the OR customer service is one off the best in the industrie.

good luck

Signature

on fire

Joined 2007-10-03

PM

I emailed Ocean rodeo several days back and no response.
Where is the great customer support everyone raves about ?
I am a bit confused on this one.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

Can’t explain why John hasn’t replied, normally very good.

Have you tried skyping them? Search for Ocean Rodeo Customer Service, online now!
Have you tried calling them?

details for most are
Contacts

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, better than a warm soapy tit wank.

Total Posts: 572

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Think John has been away at Hood river or something like that - on a crew event. You could try Kevin in customer service?

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2007-07-04

PM

Hey dcole,

As Andy mentioned please feel free to email me directly at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). We have had a hectic couple weeks here as we have moved head offices and yes John was away for a bit as was I. May have slipped through the cracks. I apologize for that.

Andy…thanks for the heads up as well.

Joined 2007-10-03

PM

Thanks for the responses everyone, I have just emailed Kevin and I will seek a few of the phone numbers.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-09-22

PM

Hi

Is OR Rise bomb proof? not any more in my opinion.

I’m having problems with my new Rise 2010 12m that I have bought in November 2009. After about 10-15 times on snow I have reparied 4 of 6 bladders from the struts and on top of that also the main bladder. I have got the knowledge that there have been problems with the material in the bladders.

I told my local dealer about the problem on 25th of April and I haven’t got replacement bladders yet. Is that what OR calls service? From the messages from my dealer, OR wasn’t sure in the beginning that I even should get replacements for all bladders.

Today I got information that the front bladder has arrived but no information about the others. I’m sure that it will take almost 2 months until I get all bladders :(

Is there anyone that have got better support than me?
Comments from OR?

BR
Henrik

Total Posts: 572

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Hey henrik it’s a fact of life that you get unlucky once in a while. I can tell you that there ‘aint many kite companies with the support network in place for their customers/crew such as the like that Ocean Rodeo offers. I can vouch for that from my past experience. Your problem may be with one particular dealer and not the company itself?

Communication is the biggest issue here and mark my words isn’t it the root of all evils universally(apart from religion)?

Get in touch with OR customer services by emailling Kevin direct. They do all they can I’m sure of it to get your kite back in tip top condition and gracing the skies once more.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2007-09-22

PM

I have no complains on my dealer, the problem sits as far as I know on OR side. I’ll talk to my dealer and figure out if I need to communicate directly with Kevin.

Thanks for your response!

/henrik

Rise 12m
Bronco 10m
Bronco 16m
Cabrinha Contra 14m

Cabrinha Custom 133
Crazyfly 133

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Guys,

I am sorry not to have been online more. We have just spent a crazy couple of weeks. I was in Hood River for work, returned to an office in transition to our new location, had to cover for co-workers headed to a wedding and then lost my grandmother to cancer and am now writing from Toronto where I have been with my family.

2008 Rise, without seeing the kite I cannot comment directly but a lot can happen to a kite in 2-3 seasons of use. That being said, a repair should hold so let’s see an email of the damage and take it from there. We have a great relationship with Airtime so I am sure we can get your friend’s kite back on the water.

2010 Bladders. What a nightmare. By our estimates we had 2 POs from the late fall / early winter which were exposed to a poor shipment of bladder material and which had a random assortment of kites shipped with faulty bladders. This is not a workmanship issue or a fault of our design, it is an unfortunate result of a bad batch of bladder material being used and there has been no way to track the shipments affected as it only affected small numbers of kites from those POs, and random ones at that.

Obviously we have wanted to be able to replace the bladders as soon as possible but the supplier refused to ship us anything until they sorted out their own supply of materials as we had them on the hook for the cost of the bladder replacements and they did not want to send (nor did we want to receive) another bad batch.

Those replacements are here, so please allow us the time to ship them to you Henrik but if you like we will send them directly to you just email kevin or john @ oceanrodeo.com and we will have them sent. We will need to know the size of the kite and what has been affected.

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2007-10-03

PM

Thanks for the update John.
I bought a new 2010 9M and 12M this year and so far no problems with the bladders so I will keep my fingers crossed.
As far as my friends 2008, it was bought brand new last year and not flown too much. He is working with Kevin on this and I am sure it will get resolved.
Again, thanks for the support and feedback

Joined 2007-09-22

PM

John, thanks for your answer. I’m sorry about you grandmother.
I’ll talk to my dealer tomorrow and let you know if I need help from you or kevin.

Br
henrik