Crew Points?

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2010-07-05

PM

So I’ve registered a couple of my OR purchases for crew points via the online store.  What exactly can I do with the crew points?  If I can use them to buy stuff how do crew points translate into $$$?

Signature

Safe riding,

Vik
http://www.thelazyrando.com

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

Ya and one of my serial numbers for my 010 rise wont work!

Joined 2010-07-05

PM

Can you register stuff that doesn’t seem to have a serial #?  GoJoe, Predator thermal layer, etc…?

Signature

Safe riding,

Vik

Joined 2010-07-05

PM

Any one know how this system works?  *sigh*

Signature

Safe riding,

Vik

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Only as much as is explained by JZ in the post above (announcements)

I have’nt been able to successfully register my 2010 7m Rise yet either.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2010-07-05

PM

andy - 10 September 2010 03:00 PM

Only as much as is explained by JZ in the post above (announcements)

I have’nt been able to successfully register my 2010 7m Rise yet either.

I’ve read that post, but it doesn’t really tell you what the crew or referral points actually equate to. If I collect 10,000 crew points what can I do with that?  If I can use it to buy OR gear what does 10,000 points get you in $?

Signature

Safe riding,

Vik

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Hi Guys!!

I am sorry, I didn’t see this posting until now.

OK, to answer your questions.

1) Whenever you buy anything online from us you get points assigned to your account that are equal to the US$ retail value of the product
2) Unfortunately we can only award points for purchases made from stores for items that are serialized. This means late model 2010 (and all future) bar and line sets, 2010 and forward kites and drysuits. If your serial is not recognized please just give us a call, we can manually apply the points to your account. Unfortunately we do have some serial numbers that don’t jive - for some reason a small number of kites shipped with one serial on the box (therefore in our system) and another on the kite itself.
3) You earn 1/10th of the number of points that someone else earns if they have selected you as the Crew member who refers you to our brand. This does not matter how they accumulate the points (buy online or register online) and as long as they have you selected, you earn referral points!
4) In early 2011 we intend to roll out a 5th currency in the store - Crew Points. In this way you will be able to enter the store and buy in your own currency or in Crew Points with a point value (for purchase) assigned to each product in the store. We have yet to work out the exact relationship of points to purchasing power but I expect it to be in the neighborhood of roughly 5%. (ie, if you bought 20 kites you’d earn a free one). I recognize this is not a massive incentive but it is a good incentive, especially with you earning points on referrals and the points can be used for smaller items like swag and etc.

Finally, as you know we host Crew events each year with Nitinat being the main one but with plans to expand into newer areas too. It is our intention to ultimately be able to let you use your Crew points to buy into these events as well, with us letting you redeem them towards travel costs or accommodation. This is obviously looking further down the line but thought you’d want to know!!

John Z - OR

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2010-07-05

PM

Thanks very much for the explanation…=-)

Signature

Safe riding,

Vik

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2010-08-10

PM

Hey Crew,

20 Kites and you might get one? That is bordering on not a very good program! Spend $30,000.00 and get 1 Kite. Pretty weak from a quality company like OR. I know your still figuring things out but I hope you reconsider. I am a big supporter but a ratio of 10 to 1 would actually worth writing home about and inline with a fair program. Who is actually going to buy 20 kites besides a school? I am at 5 kites, 2 boards, 3 bars, 1 harness and I guess I may get a hat, yee thanks.

I suggest you other “crew” comment on your thoughts, does that seem fair or even a program to advertise? We support you how about really doing the same for us “Crew”

Tom

Joined 2010-08-10

PM

I just saw that your motto is “Performance over Hype"is your motto. Well Crew Points sounds a bit hypey to me!

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Tom,

I appreciate your comments and welcome you to the Crew, it’s good to see that some of your first comments on the forum are constructive feedback!

Here’s the best explanation I can offer. The Crew Points are far from hype, they are designed to reward our customers and to encourage our customers to (continue to) refer their friends and family to the brand. As a result, you not only earn points on your own purchases but you earn points on purchases made by those who you refer to the company as well.

Now, with regards to the points’ value, we have actually yet to ascribe a value to the points but I would argue that the targeted 5% value is actually a very rich reward. Now, you might point out that most corner coffee shops will give you a free coffee with every 10 you buy but perhaps a better comparison would be the very popular air mile credit cards which reward you about 1.5-2% of your purchase costs (and charge you an annual fee).

Further, the Crew points are intended to be used for a whole number of other things as well. We intend to open up small “swag” purchases first, allowing people with lower totals of points to redeem their points for sweat shirts, t shirts, and etc. In addition, as you might already know we host annual Crew events and hope to continue to expand on the Crew event offerings. We have considered allowing people to redeem their points towards some of the expenses associated with attending these events.

Certainly Tom, one thing I know for sure is that we are the only company offering customer loyalty points so no matter what the ascribed value is, you’re still better off with us!

John Z - OR

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Well spoken. You should be in sales! Planning on increasing my points tally very soon wink

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Joined 2010-08-10

PM

When is the crew point program going to be going into effect? I’ve got 5,000 points burning a hole in my pocket and can always use some new kit.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

Hey JZ,

like a chump I forgot to register 2 kites and a pyro pro last year, can I still do it?

Ta

Phil.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, better than a warm soapy tit wank.

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Absolutely Phil!

You should still be able to find those items in the pull down menu to register them. We had some issues with that list but I just got it all straightened out again!

Tom, we will be formalizing the value of the points shortly but they will be in line with what I’ve already discussed. I expect at that time to introduce a 5th currency for the store but if you have an item on your mind that you’d like to redeem points for let me know. Once we set the value I can easily manually redeem points.

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc