2011 Razor

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2010-09-18

PM

hi all
been teaching with the 10m and 8m for over a week now also been getting a few sessions in myself,
the lessons have all gone well with the razors with students relaunching with ease etc,and with a few
up and riding really well i think the orders will be going in,mistakes have been forgiven and none of then had there
ass handed to them which is allways a good thing,been using the 2010 bar and once set up been fine,good for them to learn where to set the stopper as not many use them and it gets overlooked,steering being very direct and instant i think has also
helpedthem along,happy days
still waiting to get my hands on the rises,but not long now yeeehaaaa
got some gopro footage to post as soon as i get my head round how to do it
good winds
ben

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

That’s great to see Ben!

2011 gear will be rolling shortly. All distributors and importers will already have had their 1st 2011 shipment sent to them and our first batch of gear is expected to be in port this week with it cleared and ready to ship for early next week! (Fingers crossed)

John Z

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Is the full package shipping yet?

Might consider that wee one!  Blown off the water on a 6m diablo yesterday.

Really hope to get the razor out on water.

Cheers

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Razors are IN. The 2011 bars are en route. We can ship kites no bars anywhere you like now, the bars will be with us next week with the goal of all open orders being fulfilled and shipped by that weekend.

JZ

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Thanks for the update.

Stoked.

Short bar with ma 10m please!

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

here’s picture from the gallery, Kitebase claims 10m in knots @ 70kgs. By the looks of the water that’s probably true.

Total Posts: 65

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

Tim from kitesports in Christchurch had pics on his facebook in the same conditions. 10ktns 10m razor so i think it’s ok to say the low-end will be around the 10knts for lighter riders.

Cant wait to test them in Brasil grin

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

wazzaah - 22 November 2010 05:15 PM

Tim from kitesports in Christchurch had pics on his facebook in the same conditions. 10ktns 10m razor so i think it’s ok to say the low-end will be around the 10knts for lighter riders.

Cant wait to test them in Brasil grin

I saw those too! I was pretty stoked to see that the kite could get out in that light wind.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2010-11-23

PM

I’ve got a size advice question for a Razor to fit into my existing quiver.  I’d much appreciate advice from those of you who have ridden both. 

I’m ~200lbs (90kg) and primarily ride a 6’1” traditional surfboard shape strapped/strapless.  I’m new to the sport, but am progressing quickly into wave riding and free riding at the beach and in the bay.  Not into freestyle. 

I currently have a two kite quiver - 8 and 12m Rise 2009 kites.  The vast majority of the time I’ve been on my 12 (90% of days?) because I’m always more concerned about being underpowered than overpowered.  That said, I really needed a 10m, and would’ve been 10/40/50% between the 8/10/12 if I had a 10 to go to. 

So… I was all set to get a 10m rise when I saw this Razor noise.  Since I’m really looking to progress in waveriding, seems like the obvious choice.  Since everyone is talking about how the kite flys bigger than it is, I’m perplexed.  Would you go with an 8m Razor and have an 8/8/12 quiver on the notion that the 8 Razor is really a 9 or 9.5?  Or would you go 10?  I’ve seen mixed info on the existence of a 9m Razor, but that would be the easy choice if it exists.

Thanks for your input!

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

10m Razor - it will fit in well and you’ll end up reserving the 12m Rise for the really marginal days. While the Razor is a fantastic kite with excellent low end, you need to take some of the ” enthusiastic low end posts ” with a grain of salt….in reality the Razor gets you about one half to one square meter of power more than the same size Rise.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2010-05-16

PM

Lots of folks have had these size questions between the the Rises and Razors, trying to fit the Razor in correctly.
Some wild power claims from some on their first rides!...Glad Evan is giving the straight skinny.
I would guess Ocean Rodeo is gonna sell a lot more Razors this year than the Rises and that it will make sense to add 7,9,11 sizes next year….but maybe not necessary.

Joined 2010-11-23

PM

Thanks for the unambiguous (and quick) response…  10 it is

Joined 2010-11-23

PM

Oh, one other question.  I’ve got two bars/lines for my two 2009 Rise kites.  Recommendations for getting a 2011 bar?  Do I get a choice between 5th line or traditional (the newer version of my ‘09 Rise bar)?

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

While it’s possible in the future, I don’t see us adding odd size Razors…..it makes things too difficult for our retailers and most hate it..having to stock so many sizes of both Razor and Rise, and in the end, they may not have the right size model in the right color (for you wankers who buy kites like women buy cosmetics….smile) anyway! Arguably odd sizes would make it simpler to fit a Razor into a hole in a Rise quiver, but in the long run most people who goes this route well inevitable transition to a full Razor quiver in the long run anyway.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

sf631 - 23 November 2010 04:45 PM

Oh, one other question.  I’ve got two bars/lines for my two 2009 Rise kites.  Recommendations for getting a 2011 bar?  Do I get a choice between 5th line or traditional (the newer version of my ‘09 Rise bar)?

The ” standard ” bar for the Razor is the Freestyle (mini-5th) bar, but you can fly it with the Freeride (traditional below the bar depower) as well. Neither is ” better ’ - personal preference. Since you already have two of one style, I would recommend getting the Freestyle bar so you can figure out what you like better for the long run.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales