OR One Bridles

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

With all the talk lately on the KITEFORUM on Bow Bridles I was wondering how the One bridles compare to the X-Bow/TD/Waroo.  As far as I can tell the only kite with different bridles is the Waroo and I’m not sure if this is good or not??

Are the One Bridles more similar to the X-bow?  And the site says that the One is a SAFE but to me it looks closer to a BOW than an SLE?

I’m sure none of this stuff really matters….just the performance, bar pressure & de-power matter to me.  If the bar pressure is similar or less than my North Vegas 04, I’ll be all over the ONE. And if the lift & hangtime is similar to the X-bow I’ll be stoked!!

I think 2 will be in order the 16 & 9m. I weight 185 lbs.  I’d like to try to get away with 1 bar to cut down on cost, think the 50cm will be fine for both kites?

I currently ride 16m, 12m & 7m “C” kites from 12 to 39 knots on my 128 x 37.5cm board.

Tyler

p.s. I’d sure like to demo one of these kites but my local dealer is still waiting for his 12m One kite?  The Session harness I bought is really nice good job guys!

Signature

Skooner Jr.

You will Soar!
-Scott Stapp

Total Posts: 1248

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Re: OR One Bridles

[quote author=“Skooner Jr.”]With all the talk lately on the KITEFORUM on Bow Bridles I was wondering how the One bridles compare to the X-Bow/TD/Waroo.

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the post!

I have posted below 2 photos of the wing tips of the Ones which show the bridal set-up. I am not sure what else to say other than that the set-up of the bar system for our One kite does not use a 2-1 pully and is therefore lighter bar pressure than those that do. That being said, the true benifit of these kites is in the potential to absorb gusts and for the pilot to be much more active in their sheeting of the kite in order to get the maximum efficency from the kite. This means that you can not simply ride fully powered against the stopper if you want to enjoy these benifits and as such will need to resist the pull of the kite with the bar a bit.

Great hang time, excellent performance. One kite. They started shipping this week, so get in touch with your dealer!

John Z!

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2006-01-18

PM

Thanks JohnZ for the reply.

I can tell from the photo that the front bridle is attached to the rear attchment point through a pulley.  Does this tranfer load to the rear lines causing more bar pressure?  Or is very little and not very noticable?

I talked to my Dealer, Outside Edge Sports, sounds like he has one on order for a demo kite.  Can’t wait, then I’ll be able to test 1st hand on the bar pressure.

I guess I’m just a wimp, but the bar pressure on my 2004 Vegas 12m is max for me!

Tyler

Signature

Skooner Jr.

You will Soar!
-Scott Stapp

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Be sure to see Evan’s review of the 9m session he just had…light bar pressure, enough to know where the kite is and what it is doing though.

John Z

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

Hey Skooner,
From my rides on the 12m One so far, I have to say I’m very impressed with the lightness of bar pressure, especially when you feel the responsiveness of this setup.  I was blown away with how “smooth” the bar and kite were.

Yes, I’m an OR dealer, but I would just keep my mouth shut if I it wasn’t a kick ass setup.  Am I allowed to say kick ass?  wink

Jeff

PS you can see a video of me flying the 12m One in mexico Here

Signature

Jeff Doepker
www.kitesource.ca

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“Jeff - KiteSource.ca”] Am I allowed to say kick ass?  wink

Jeff

PS you can see a video of me flying the 12m One in mexico Here

That’s a kick ass video Jeff :mrgreen: