10m with 14m lines and bar?

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2009-09-24

PM

Hi I’m a new rise rider and only have a 14m I’m going to La Ventana in Feb and I’m buying a 10m for down there. Do I need a different bar and lines or will my 09,14m set up do?? I’m an intermeditate rider   8 yrs on snow 3 on the water. Any input on that and kite sizes for La Ventana would be appreciated…....Gary

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

The 10m is so forgiving it will be no problem on the 60cm bar. keep you hand towards the middle of the bar and enjoy some huge lift

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2009-11-16

PM

I am a instructor for Captain Kirks in LA. I have bin using the “Rise” for several years now, in many sizes.  I personally would recommend using the 2010/11 bar in the smaller size, with the lines set on the out side.  I have flown the 11 with the longer bar a few times and I thought that it did not feel good. When I switched to the shorter bar it rocked. Grate kite. I am hoping to try a 12 “Razor” today . Praying for some wind cant wait. Hope this helps. Have fun in LV. I know you will.

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Gary, Willis - welcome to the Crew guys!

I’d agree with both Sunrise and Willis. The 10m will handle the larger bar no problem but you likely will appreciate the 2010 or 2011 bar which offers the ability to adjust.

Most important thing is to make sure your lines are trued, front line stretch will be more noticeable on the smaller kite.

Ventana gets good winds, sometime demanding even smaller kites - some of my best sessions there were on a 7m. The 10m will be your go to kite though with some light days on the 14 I am sure.

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2009-09-24

PM

Thank you all for the input. I took your advice and bought a 10m 09 w/ a 2010 adjustable bar and I’m confident it’ll do the trick…Gary