Reviews on 2011 FreeRIDE bar?

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

Anyone have any thoughts on the new 2011 FreeRIDE bar? (someone that’s actually used it) I was one of the guys that had a little trouble depowering while riding using the ‘10 bar. Is the 2011 bar better in this aspect? I like long throw bars and the longer depower line instead of a mini 5th line looks like a good idea, keeps everything cleaner and nothing flapping around. I also like the 23m lines without extensions.
Let’s hear what the crew has to say!
Thanks

Signature

All I need are some tasy waves, a cool buzz and I’m fine…Jeff Spicoli

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

They are arriving from the factory this week! look at the pictures of them here: http://oceanrodeo.com/kiting/freeride-bar#tprod_gallery

They have improved the on th go depowering and made the quick releash bungy heavy duty.

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

Had a look at the pics mentioned above.  on the 2010 bar, the steering line adjustment knots were underneith the floats and you would just slide the floats up to get at them.  I’d also slide the floats up a bit when changing from the inner to outer attachement point on the bar.  seems like with the rings used for the OS handles on the steering lines above the floats, you won’t be able to slide them up.  are the adjustment knots still located under the floats?  Is the inner diameter of the float wide enough to slip over the ring used with the OS handle, or how does that work?

Total Posts: 573

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

miltsface - 28 December 2010 02:37 PM

on the 2010 bar, the steering line adjustment knots were underneith the floats and you would just slide the floats up to get at them.  I’d also slide the floats up a bit when changing from the inner to outer attachement point on the bar.  seems like with the rings used for the OS handles on the steering lines above the floats, you won’t be able to slide them up.  are the adjustment knots still located under the floats?  Is the inner diameter of the float wide enough to slip over the ring used with the OS handle, or how does that work?

You just pull some of the kite line through the ring so as to cause the OS handle to be out of play. That way you then just slide your bar float up the kite line(by this time it will be kite line doubled - but that easily passes through the hole in the float) Do I make myself clear? You can see a picture of it in the bar user manual.

Signature

andy

Dorset UK