Spray from Mako King holes

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-12-30

PM

I just purchased the Mako wide and King, and am simply amazed by the smoothness and performance.  The only issue that I’ve had with the King is that when I ride it as a twin tip, there are empty holes where the mutant fins would go.  I seem to get a bit of spray through them which make a direct line for my eyes.  Does anyone have any experience with this and any better ideas than just taping over them.  Thanks a lot!

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Surf wax will take care of that - stoked you love the board!

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-12-30

PM

Sounds like an easy fix.  Thanks a lot.

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Surf wax does indeed take care of that and we have also begun shipping all 2011 Makos with hole plugs that snap into place!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2011-09-03

PM

johnz your PM box is full ...
Can I get some plugs? I keep getting squirted right in the eye!

Total Posts: 126

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Kamikuza, shoot me an email to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and we can figure that out. Have you tried surf wax as per above?

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2011-09-03

PM

Thanks Ned!
No not yet ... I’ll see if one of the other locals here has any wax - but the nearest surf shop I know is 300km east of here :o there’s not much surfing to be had on the lake in the middle of the island LOL

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Sorry Kamikuza… my inbox actually isn’t full, I have it disabled as I found PMs here tough to keep up with and wanted to avoid people feeling I was ignoring them. You can always email me smile

Sounds like Ned is getting you some plugs though!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc