13 or 14 meter Razor. PLEASE!!!!

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

All this light wind is killin me! At a little over 230 lbs. (105 kilos), and 6’4” (1.9 meters)  my 12m Razor isn’t big enough a lot of the time lately. I hope with all the rave reviews and as the spring winds get better all over the planet and more people find out how great the Razor is in waves, OR will come out with a 13 or 14 meter Razor! I need one bad! The 15m LW Rise isn’t really designed for the surf and just doesn’t sound like it will work for waveriding.
A big surf kite for a big guy please?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the 12, but it’s not a huge kite for someone my size.

Signature

All I need are some tasy waves, a cool buzz and I’m fine…Jeff Spicoli

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2009-08-08

PM

i would consider buying a razor if there was a 13m size.

timmer, i am nearly identical to your size and weight, wouldn’t go smaller than a 13m for my big kite here in nz. I find the 10m + 13m sizes great. smile

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Timmer - 02 March 2011 03:43 AM

All this light wind is killin me! At a little over 230 lbs. (105 kilos), and 6’4” (1.9 meters)  my 12m Razor isn’t big enough a lot of the time lately. I hope with all the rave reviews and as the spring winds get better all over the planet and more people find out how great the Razor is in waves, OR will come out with a 13 or 14 meter Razor! I need one bad! The 15m LW Rise isn’t really designed for the surf and just doesn’t sound like it will work for waveriding.
A big surf kite for a big guy please?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the 12, but it’s not a huge kite for someone my size.

What gives you the impression that the 15m won’t be a great wave kite?

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

matix - 02 March 2011 08:37 AM

i would consider buying a razor if there was a 13m size.

timmer, i am nearly identical to your size and weight, wouldn’t go smaller than a 13m for my big kite here in nz. I find the 10m + 13m sizes great. smile

12m Razor = 13m Rise - you are good to go!

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

Hi Evan,
Was thinking a 15 would be too big to turn quickly enough. And I didn’t care for the light bar pressure of my Rises last year (for wave riding- however I could put up my 12 Rise in a lot of wind and blast around in flat water and not have my arms get tired from a lot of bar pressure which was cool). Those are the things that have me thinking a true full on Razor in a larger size would be better. Has your friend in Kailua gotten his 15 Rise yet? Maybe you could put me in touch with him.

Signature

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Well, I think you’ll find the 15m turns plenty fast and that the bar pressure is not too light. Most recent tester comment was ” turns like a 10m Cabrinha “......smile

We have not received the first production run yet so the kites are not out there. Once we do I’ll connect you with John in Oahu (he vacations there but lives in San Diego).

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

I thought they were out already. Let me know when one is on Oahu Evan, I’d like to give it a spin.
Tanks

Signature

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

is the 15m rise LW shape a blend of the rise and razor, or is it still a rise shape, but just with fewer struts?

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

The LW Rise 15 is a blend of both the Rise and the Razor. It has the arc of the Rise and roughly the same geometry as the Razor.