what will happen if i put line extension in my razor kite?

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2011-05-29

PM

Hi to all i was wondering if i can put line extesions in my sle freeride bar with razor 10 in light wind?  the kite will have more power if the lines are for example 24 +  6 meter ?Is this dangerous?

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

It will have more power and turn slower. Provided all the lines are trimmed correctly there shouldn’t be a problem

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

A great option if you are penurious and a big kite is out of the question.
Up to 40m have been used in the past though it is the law of diminishing returns with speed of the kite and drag of the lines working against you.
6m to 10m will be fine just use a big bar and the kite set for fast turning and you will considerably increase the power stroke.
Dangerous?
Sarah Palin and sharks are Dangerous

What you are doing is no more dangerous than flying normally in stronger winds.

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

Hmm I seem to remeber a certain 14m Rise on long lines. Kite looked like 10m, flew like an 18m and pulled like mountain goat on steroids

Signature

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

penurious??? sybaritic??? I had to pull out a dictionary.  quit showing off, professor sunrise.

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

miltsface - 13 June 2011 06:45 PM

penurious??? sybaritic??? I had to pull out a dictionary.  quit showing off, professor sunrise.

Professor Sunrise - Contradiction in terms but it could stick. Depends if he likes it or not

Showing off. Never stops, but he has had his comeuppance. A certain sand bar at Vansurf 1 brings back happy memories.

Signature

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Its all trumpery