Quiver question

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

I posted a few months ago for some size advice on my quiver.  At the time i was planning to go with all rises, likely the 15LW/10/7.  I’m now considering getting razors for the small sizes instead.  i’m going to the gorge in a few weeks, so i’ll have a chance to demo them and decide if the razor works for me.  I definitely want the 15LW, I need it here in UT.

My question for people that have the 10 and 6 razors is this.  If i decide i to go with razors, does a 10/6 spread work?  Is there any or enough overlap between the two sizes so that i wouldn’t need the 8?

currently on 14/10/8 2009 Rises and there are occasions when i wish i had smaller than the 8, and want to keep it to a 3 kite quiver.

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

10 /6 does work but I feel a 10 7 is a better option which means a 7m Rise. That said it depends on how you wind stats up If it is normally 10m then on some days it blows it’s tits off the 10 /6 would be fine. If you get all range of wind and need a bigger overlap go 10 /7

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

So far I’m pretty stoked with just a 10/6, but I think a lot has to do with boards.  Having the right surfboard and TT opens up the options and I have a solid combo for all the good conditions we tend to get. 

There are compromises, but not really when it comes to the good days.  I dont start as early as guys with really big kites, but close.  I’m still on a surfboard when others are starting to get decent air on their bigger kites and TTs, but so far I’d rather be ripping all over the place on the surfboard than struggling to hold ground on my TT.  I’m interested to see if there will be a day in the surf that I really want the 8m.  So far the 6 seems to have the juice to cover and I think Im more likely to get another surfboard than another kite. 

If your sticking to one board or the same type of board, the gap might be more noticeable.

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

i’ve got 2 boards, a 135x41 underground flx and a 145x48 crazyfly allround that i use for lighter winds, but the big board isn’t a flat light wind specific board (its got a “regular” rockerline), so it can be used to bridge the gap when using the 6m.  i weigh ~180lbs/82kg.