2012 line up leaked

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

somehow, i’m not nearly as excited now about the 15 LW rise i just bought and paid retail for… shut eye

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2011-05-17

PM

It is a great kite. Talk about range, that kite has range!

Signature

“been there, done that”.......now I kite

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-06-19

PM

El Rudo - 08 July 2011 06:23 AM
sabraxas - 07 July 2011 09:32 PM
craig myers - 06 July 2011 03:14 AM

16 months of hard work and testing has gone into the 2012 kite line up.
16 months.
Think about it.
I did, and then I put in my order for a new 10m Rise.
I think its the most rad kite OR has ever conceived and its coming soon.

Sixteen months… One year and four months… Almost one and a half year… I´m thinking…

So, it would be true if i say that the 2012 model is a 2010 design!!!

(Just joking)

Well, joke maybe but you hit the nail right on the head! It’s commonly believed that designers look at the market and then “borrow” the ideas they like, yet in the real world (good) designers are busy conceiving what will hit the market several years later!

I agree in part. Lets suppose that by the end of this year some brand developes a double skin inflatable frame kite. More lift, more power, more speed in the 60% of the surface of actual kitesurfing kites. A 7 meter kite that would have the windrange of an 11m.
A total new generation kites that revolution the market, as has happened with bows and Hydrids. And as a designer you are still working in a 2009-2010 idea…
Well, i think designers do develope their own projects, while still looking at the design of other brands. When you miss the train you are out…

I am new here. Why did i chose Ocean Rodeo? I saw high quality materials, very good manufacturing, and perhaps very good durability in their kites. I think almost of the kites in their “family” (Cs, Hybrids, Bows, Deltas, etc) have similar flying characteristics. A little less, a little more. In this scene i choose durability. I prefer to own a kite several years because we became one. Its handling is automatic.
I do not like to run as a rabbit behind the same brand new carrot year after year. Yeap, i´m oldfashioned. That´s why i was still kitesurfing with 2005 Cs kites, having the same final performance as last generation kites kitesurfers. Thats why im sure i will be kitesurfing the next 5 years with OR 2010 Rise.

Its not only about the kite. Its about YOU and the kite.

Best regards.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

I have flown the 2012 prototype Rise 10m courtesy of http://www.windydevil.com at Crissy field San Francisco.

The kite is more stable, slightly more bar pressure than the past Rises.

Very lofty and big floaty hang time.

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Any changes to the bars? I’m thinking about getting a 2011 Fusion bar, just wanted to check and see if it’s the same basically.

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Bars will be unchanged for 2012, order away!

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2011-05-17

PM

2012 Fusion bars will be coming with a pulley on the trim line rather than the stainless steel ring of the 2011 product….......as told to me by JZ a couple of minutes ago.

..new 2011 Fusion’s will also be shipped with the pulley. This pulley is easily retrofitted to a 2011 Fusion bar if you have a wish for a pulley on your existing bar.

See this post also: http://oceanrodeo.com/forums/viewthread/3021/#15179

Signature

“been there, done that”.......now I kite

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2011-04-24

PM

El Rudo - 03 July 2011 06:00 PM

Anyone from the Sherman Island demo can confirm this, there should have been some prototypes around?

They did not get out of the bag unfortunately because it was a light wind day.  I wish I had known.  I would have liked to have seen some ripstop at least.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-02-14

PM

Sherman Island produced no wind that weekend so just put up the 2011 15m.

We did properly test the Cypher and did some testing with the Rise and Razor the week after SI. We never planned on demoing these kites at SI anyway these were just there for us personally to ride with a couple key people. Don’t really want to put anybody on proto kites till all dicisions are final. I really hope that proto Cypher was the final it was one insane kite and my personal favorite in the OR line. Then again I never tested the other 2 once i dial in the Cypher there was no getting it out of my hands.

Adrian, is it confirmation on the bar you are looking for? we were using these kites on 2011 bars no pully. But yes the fusion bar will have a pulley in the future.

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

This is somewhat off topic, but on the Fusion Bar, if I go unhooked and drop the bar, how does the kite depower on the mini 5th line in comparison with the freeride bar?

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

ajones - 29 July 2011 12:32 AM

This is somewhat off topic, but on the Fusion Bar, if I go unhooked and drop the bar, how does the kite depower on the mini 5th line in comparison with the freeride bar?

Depends how you set up your safety. The fusion bar comes with the same option as the freestyle bar in the sense that you can feed the CL through the large metal ring. This way it is in suicide setup when you unhook but still allows for releasing to your mini 5th if you release the chicken loop.

Cheers!

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

wouter - 31 July 2011 03:52 PM
ajones - 29 July 2011 12:32 AM

Depends how you set up your safety. The fusion bar comes with the same option as the freestyle bar in the sense that you can feed the CL through the large metal ring. This way it is in suicide setup when you unhook but still allows for releasing to your mini 5th if you release the chicken loop.

Cheers!

Yeah, I’ve started just hooking onto the loop on the chicken hook itself, that way if the QR is accidently activated, I’m still connecting to the kite. Although, I guess this is still a suicide setup since I have no full depower, I may just go for the Fusion Bar.

Thanks for the info