2012 kites - Where is all the Hype?

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2010-11-15

PM

so all the new gear is meant to be being launched next month yet except for a brocher with a couple of pics i havnt herd anything about the new gear.

no claims from OR saying that this years stuff is gonna rock ya socks off
no sneeky reviews of prototypes ppl have tested
not even any real insight into what has changed.

how are ya meant to get all these OR riders frothing in anticipation for the new 2012 gear if there is no hype.
surley someone has some info for us to build our interest a bit :-p

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hey Dan!
I agree with you on that the forward swept tips should be the talk of the town, I believe that’s the most innovative feature to kites in a while. I’m ordering mine very soon, Razors and maybe a Flyte.
Further, OR has never carried so many different kite models, going from 2,5 to 4 (the Flyte stemming from the Rise LW, hence the 0.5). Plus, a bloody mature line up of boards including a skim and several wave boards. I think that the mktg guys have been working so hard on getting it all out (designs) and back in (stock) they didn’t have time to feed the stoke online. You can tell by the recent lack of music videos on this Forum wink

So I second your call: Everybody who has seen/flewn the new stuff, get online and arouse some froth! Make it enough so Dan can hear us downunda!

PS: You’ve probably seen this, there’s been some discussion on KF as well. I’m getting some new gear for sure!

cheers,
Rudo

Total Posts: 65

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

Test kites will come in with the dealers nexxt week, so expect the hype to begin in a week or so :D

Total Posts: 574

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

There’s demo 2012 Ocean Rodeo gear at Marazion Nr. Penzance, Cornwall UK this coming weekend (Saturday 3 September 2011) courtesy of Dom Moore (looking forward to meeting) and Lodey Kite Loft ( http://www.lodeykiteloft.co.uk )

Some of the UK Ocean Rodeo crew will be there. Looking like it will be a windy weekend with the usual ‘full on partying!’

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Well, we prefer to let our killer equipment speak for itself. Many US shops and team riders will be receiving 2012 kites this week, including myself and my SF Bay area Crew. Stay tuned!

I’ve flown the 10m Cypher, and it’s by far and away the best kite we’ve ever produced!

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-08-19

PM

EvanStolze - 30 August 2011 11:16 PM

I’ve flown the 10m Cypher, and it’s by far and away the best kite we’ve ever produced!

C’mon Evan, give us more than that! Like comparing differences to the Razor?

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

averagejoe - 31 August 2011 09:33 PM
EvanStolze - 30 August 2011 11:16 PM

C’mon Evan, give us more than that! Like comparing differences to the Razor?

Crap, do i have to change my pre-order? I thought about testing a 10m cypher and take that as my low-end kite.

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

Btw what sizes and types went out for testing?

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

I totally agree, were is the hype?

and WTF do I read? a Skim? nothing to find so far… and I just ordered a Nobile Skim… F..k .. I wish I’ve read earlier that OR is coming with a skim..

More info on that skim?

Any Rise 2012 reviews yet?

Send me the stuff and I place a review.. wink

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

check your post on kitehigh the pdf there’s a skim on the board page.
i agree with the stoke i was told the hole test gear shipping is in france,customs took a closer look.

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

yeah, totally missed it… think its the age already…
anyone interested in a new 2011 Nobile Skim? .. never seen the water..

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

the nobile is a nice board as well.

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2011-09-19

PM

We’ve had a few of the new 2012 toys over in the South West of England. Check out the short vid below, produced by Ding, from Supersaturated Living!

http://vimeo.com/28924344

Signature

Craig Smith
Ocean Rodeo Uk
Blankforce Kiteboarding
Blast Kiteboarding
http://www.craigsmith.me.uk

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hey Graig, great video!
& Welcome to the crew of course. Hope to see more of you on here, you seem to have made friends with a great photographer too!
cheers,
Rudo

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2011-09-19

PM

Cheers Rudo..yep I’m sure you will be seeing a lot more of me on here…hopefully with some more pretty nice shots coming soon smile

Cheers Craig

Signature

Craig Smith
Ocean Rodeo Uk
Blankforce Kiteboarding
Blast Kiteboarding
http://www.craigsmith.me.uk