Try using other stuff!

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

I’ve had the opportunity to try a bunch of other kites and boards in the last few weeks and was very pleased with the results. Not only did I not find anything I like more than my 2011 and 2012 Razors and Mako 150, I didn’t use anything that I liked as much! Some were brands I have vaguely heard of and others were some of the most popular. It was quite an eye opener. I appreciate my stuff even more now as I have been on OR stuff since 2008. So I think it’s good to try other stuff from time to time to keep a good perspective. Thanks OR and please continue to stay ahead of the competition!

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

That is fantastic to hear Pete! Thanks for the vote of confidence. It’s good to be reminded that the hard work is paying off!

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2007-04-23

PM

Pete, good point..I took a break from the rise kites last year and picked up a few caution kites. Used them for about 8 months, sold one and i’m trying to sell the other. I have a 10meter 2012 razor and I am in love again. I’ve flown wainman kites, slingshot, airush, and a few others. I think the razor tops them all for my style. I have yet to take out a cypher, but I really don’t see how it could top the razor. OR nailed it this year with the razor!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-10-07

PM

Why the Razor is one step beyond? simply…........the Razor is the only one kite on the market which is characterized by an hi-tech aerodynamics design! a good design airplane flies better then a paper airplane!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Flying other brands has been usefull for me too.
It has made me more sensitive to the differences between a vented and a non-vented kite.
I call it the jiggle.
A non-vented kite will send small inputs back to the rider through the bar in the form of jiggles as the kite deforms and adjusts to gusts.
The vented kite does not.
Its rock solid smooth.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2011-05-17

PM

craig myers - 13 October 2011 05:06 AM

Flying other brands has been usefull for me too.
It has made me more sensitive to the differences between a vented and a non-vented kite.
I call it the jiggle.
A non-vented kite will send small inputs back to the rider through the bar in the form of jiggles as the kite deforms and adjusts to gusts.
The vented kite does not.
Its rock solid smooth.

Craig, thanks for that comment. I had forgotten that jiggle effect of the non-vent-uri kites. The other day as I flew my 2012 10M Razor in light wind and head and a half waves with a twin tip I had enough time to think about the vent-uri.

You succinctly stated what I had forgotten. Thanks again.

Signature

“been there, done that”.......now I kite

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-11-14

PM

Just had the one board. Sounds I definitely have to try some others out! Cheers.