Errr, more pics

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Please stop me if they are getting boring.

Last on the water!

Err, not sure how high this is, people were telling me I was getting about 15-18’ when the wind picked up.

Big Railey to 2” water, always fun!

Well, I hope you like these.
Remember if your not feeling the bow love tune me.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

First shot is real cool I now have it as my wallpaper. There you go

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Nice pics. Onshore conditions? Looks like you have plenty of nice ramps for air and wave faces to rip up, sweet. What board are you on?

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Craig,
I am using a 2004 Jaime Pro L, Its the best board (until my dealer gets me a demo Mako Pro to show off)!! It was quiteonshore yes, the waves made it quite hard to get out but hey all the fun!

Richard,
I am so proud that I have made it to someones desktop haha! I have the pics at full res if you want any?

It would be good to see more pictures of guys using their OR gear, lets get a user gallery up!

Ben

I would be nice to get an 07 One ASAP and do some nice demo shots etc and reviews for all of the forums.

Signature

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

yes, I quite agree, having an 07 asap strictly for pics and demo’n would be most awesome. The Jamie L is a great board too. A lot of guys ride that board here in Seattle. I’ve riden it and thought it was an easy board to step into, and stayed upwind nicely.
The mako will change everything. You will be blown away when try one.
Those conditions look like they were made for a mako, nothing slows it down dude.
Hey man, don’t you have a hurt arm? Does your mom know you are sailing with a hurt arm? LOL

I’ve got no pics of the action yesterday, but one of the aftermath.
I was sailing on Lake washington in 15 to 30kt conditons with the 14m diablo down low, when a mega gust hit and snapped the depower line on the bar! I thought for sure I’d lost the kite the way it blew out of my hands, but the 5th line worked perfectly! It depowered the foil instantly and I was able to take my time self rescueing,  using those handy grab handles on the kite for the 1st time. Nice.

(still not quite sure what exactly let go inside that mystery tube, maybe someone out there who has worn one of these out knows)
check your gear for wear during the storm season!

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Dude!

Thats mental, That shit shouldnt snap on you! What are you, the terminator!

Yeah the arm was hurting but…well what would you do? It seemed to clear it up actually.

Wind is looking rubbish for me until next week now (damn lack of evening light).

I hope you get that bar sorted! I was thinking that my One bar is beginning to look a little worn at the depower rope stopper thing, I hope mine stays ok!

Dear Mr OR, Please may I have a 2007 One to show off to the South of England?? I am your flagship rider!!! LOL

Worth a try hehe

Signature

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Ben’s awesome!

Ben!

Stoked to see the shots coming up here!!! Keep ‘em coming!

We are working on a few things to help you out!

1) Soon the forum will allow direct uploads of photos, so they don’t need to be hosted remotely
2) We are starting a user’s gallery for all our riders to post their photos to!
3) Monthly we will be hosting an informal survey of the photos submitted and awarding a prize for the best submission. - One lucky annual winner of the monthly selections will win a big prize around Christmas next year!

Keep them coming boys and girls!

Finally, re: 07 equipment. It is shipping to us this weekend, we expect to have it here late this next week and will be scrambling to ship to all our customers on time. 9 and 12m One kites first, then Diablos and larger Ones along with the boards. Sorry for the delays, but we are miles ahead of last year!

John Z - OR :evil:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“craig myers”]I’ve got no pics of the action yesterday, but one of the aftermath.

Craig - Contact me, that should be a straight warranty issue. That should not happen!

John Z - OR

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I know it shouldn’t happen, but before this I was going thru 3 depower lines a year! This line was 8 months old, and had some intense loading on it from both the 14m and 21m.
It did give me a warning sign, I should have realized what was happening…the pvc was showing some vertical wrinkles before it let go.
Waranty replacement is cool, thanks dude!

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

God I love this company!

Signature

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

update on the depower line failure.

I am 99% sure it was caused by my modifications to the stock bar.

I had modified the control bar and was running two pvc tubes thru the center hole of the bar, one for the depower and one for the 5th line. a lot of times when i set up, I throw sand on the bar for weight, never really making sure its all clear when I launch. I should have been more carefull. The pressure of the 2 tubes with the sand wore a sharp edge into the center hole over time, and this edge damaged the spectra to the point of failure.
The 5th line made the experience easy to deal with in powered conditions.
Those grab handles on the kite are good to have when you need to drag a ways too. A lot less chance of having the thing slip out of your hands in a gust. OR builds a tough kite.