Gopro Kitehero on Fusion Bar

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Has anyone used the Kitehero line mount on the Fusion Bar? If so, any video of the angle? I’m a little worried as when I do any rolls the lines seem to twist very close to where the camera would be mounted.

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

its a freestylebar, it has the same distance as the fusion bar.
don’t worry about the line’s, even if one line get stuck behind your camera
the kite won’t loop.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/yhCeW08YS7w  [/youtube]

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2009-10-04

PM

the kite line mount works on virtually any 4 line bar, utilizing on the front lines for fixturing the mount to your lines.
if there is a concern with steering lines catching an arm on the mount while riding, simply cover the arm with a piece of tape to eliminate snag potential.
I’ve had a rear line snag, but never when riding and looping. 
the only time I have experienced it is if I have significant loss of tension in the rear lines (e.g. kite falling from the zenith).
and yes if this happens, you can still fly your kite, not much different than if you were riding with your bar twisted.  it will affect steering minimally.
I’m currently working on a new kite line mount design that should be available this spring.
It will film with the correct orientation, while being much more stable than the original mount design.

stringy

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Yeah, I’ve got the mount on order, looking forward to trying it. I’m just worried because with the Fusion bar, anytime I do loops or rolls the lines twist right at the swivel point where the mount would go. So I’m worried that the outside lines will become stuck around the camera mount itself. Does anyone with the Fusion bar have any experience with this?