What Mod for SLE Bar 2010 and 2012 Razor
Posted: 01 March 2012 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-08-10

I have been reading about mods and retro fits and I was hoping to get info on the mod for my bar 2010 SLE 3.0 or something like with below the bar depower, just switched the lines out so I am really happy with it. Can anyone talk to the mod for the safety that rolls it on it’s back? Also input about the 2012 Razor and the FST Tech. it will be interesting to see what that is all about, in the air!

Posted: 03 March 2012 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  505
Joined  2006-01-19

http://store.oceanrodeo.com/accessories/Kite-Accessories_3/2008-2010-SLE-Bar-Roll-Over-Depower-Kit  I won’t launch without it !!! If your O.R. kite is 2010 or newer then it has or with a mod. http://store.oceanrodeo.com/Kite-Accessories_2/2010-Rise-Roll-Over-Bridle-Mod-Kit is safer than ever ... When things get ugly just let go of the bar:  http://www.oceanrodeo.com/kiting/razor#tprod_roll_bridle

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 06 March 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-03-06

Hey all,  I just modified my freeride bar by adding a red hand strap (material was $0.55) to the below-the-bar de-power system by taking off the black ball and slipping the strap onto the rope through some holes made in the strap, then replacing the ball to secure it in place.  I found it very hard to de-power the kite while the kite is flying, even in the neutral zone directly overhead, which required pulling in on the de-power line by grasping the black ball.  The red hand strap I have added makes it much easier to do this.  See pics posted! cool smile

Image Attachments
DSCF0310.jpg

Posted: 06 March 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

It is very visible as well. I considered a pull start handle: 

Signature 

Posted: 06 March 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2006-01-19

Make sure that if you add a handle of any form to the trim line that it can`t catch in the spreader hook. We`ve stayed away from loops etc.. for this reason. Thanks.

Posted: 07 March 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

I hate it when that happens !!!

Signature 

Posted: 07 March 2012 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-06

That is a good point about avoiding getting the strap caught on the spreader hook, but if you have pulled in your trim line far enough that it is possible to do this, then you will also have secured the trim line on the cleat, so even if the handle does somehow end up on the spreader hook it will be slack because of the cleat.  If you want to let out some trim then you will want to grab the red strap handle.  If you find it hooked on the spreader then it is easy to remove since the line is slack below the cleat.  Does this make sense or am I missing something?

Posted: 07 March 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-14

But if you have a hook or handle and it catches in your spreader bar and if you need to totally depower the kite then it will only depower as much as a suicide leash.

Posted: 07 March 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-06

Magwello67 that’s a good point and thanks for posting.  Maybe with a bit of velcro I can eliminate this potential problem.  In such a situation as that where you have to totally de-power then things happen fast and no time to mess around!