Session II Harness fitting and wear issues??

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-05-25

PM

Joined the board just for this question.  Wanted to know if anyone else was having these issues.  Bought a Session II harness mid January based on all the great reviews as the perfect harness.  I ended up also getting the nepro shorts, I’m a size 32 waist so I got the size Medium for both the harness and shorts.  Here’s the sizing issues, the harness itself fits great, but the leg straps are just way to big.  I have as tight as they can be and they’re still not even snug enough for my liking.  Sure with a wetsuit on, it would be ok, but I don’t wear a wetsuit and when I did once it still wasn’t as tight as I like.  Is this normal?  Also the nepro shorts just barely fit.  I would imagine that the harness and shorts would go by the same sizing especially since there’s no separate sizing chart.  Anyone else have this problem?

I’ve also have seen some bad wear on my harness which I was surprised since I’ve heard only good things about the durability.  You can tell it’s from rubbing on the leg straps but this thing is less than 6 months old.  Always took care of it and have used it maybe a dozen times.  I was planning on OR for my next kite with a Mako wide but this has me start wondering about the quality.  Is there any kind of warranty on this?  Just want to know if this is normal or did I get a friday harness?  Here are the pics.  Appreciate your comments.

=Jason-

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2008-12-11

PM

I am also having the same wear issues as in the photos submitted by Jason. My cinch strap is also showing a lot of wear at the contact point with the spreader bar. This is all after only little use. I have had a Session 1 harness which was my first harness ever and have over 4 years of heavy use. It is still serviceable. I purchased a Session 2 over a 1 as a replacement as it was supposed to be an improvement but I am seeing the opposite.

Signature

BillG

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Hi Guys.

Some tips.

1) The webbing used to hold your spreader bar in place will wear out more quickly if you take the time to double feed it through both of the spreader bar’s 2x metal end loops. This also makes adjusting the harness difficult because of the added resistance. You are far better to only go back through one of the 2 loops, this will significantly reduce webbing wear

2) We had a run of harnesses - for some reason it seemed only to affect white harnesses - which had this rubber wearing issue you show there. If this is affecting your harness please contact your point of purchase to discuss your options. Certainly if it is within a year of use we will look at this as a likely candidate for warranty.

As for your questions about the Mako or our Kites, all of our products ship with a 1 year warranty against any manufacturer defects or failures and a 30 day money back guarantee should you find you are not satisfied with your purchase.

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-05-25

PM

johnz - 29 May 2012 05:39 PM

Hi Guys.

Some tips.

1) The webbing used to hold your spreader bar in place will wear out more quickly if you take the time to double feed it through both of the spreader bar’s 2x metal end loops. This also makes adjusting the harness difficult because of the added resistance. You are far better to only go back through one of the 2 loops, this will significantly reduce webbing wear

2) We had a run of harnesses - for some reason it seemed only to affect white harnesses - which had this rubber wearing issue you show there. If this is affecting your harness please contact your point of purchase to discuss your options. Certainly if it is within a year of use we will look at this as a likely candidate for warranty.

As for your questions about the Mako or our Kites, all of our products ship with a 1 year warranty against any manufacturer defects or failures and a 30 day money back guarantee should you find you are not satisfied with your purchase.

John

Thanks John for the info.  This was a grey harness BTW.

=J-

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2008-12-11

PM

THanks John. Mine is a Grey as well. On closer examination it looks like there is a small welding bead on the spreader bar loop which is accelerating wear of the strap.

Bill

Signature

BillG

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Bill, the spreader bar has 2x loops to choose from… perhaps use the other one. You are far better off only using 1 and not both anyway!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-09-22

PM

Hi,

I have the same issue with the rubber wearing on my session II harness from last year.
/ch

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-06-23

PM

Hey John I also have wear on the webbing at the contact point with the spreader bar on both sides, I note your comment re only thread through one ( I have always threaded through both) My harness is on its 3rd season (& the most comfortable harness I have used to date), can you get the webbing replaced as I am not sure how long to trust it for now it is wearing or do I need to buy a new harness?

Cheers Ade

ps I live in the UK.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-08-17

PM

Does anybody know where to get a replacement spreader bar that will fit the session 2?