Kite anchor with 15m Flite

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-01-15

PM

I was wondering if any one has launched a 15m flite using the kite anchor technique. I know some kites work better than others , and some need more depower etc. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Joined 2012-01-15

PM

Sort of bummed out , no one answered my question.

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2010-05-09

PM

must have been lost in the shuffle.  to answer your question, yes the flite can easily be self launched from an anchor though it’s always best to have an assisted launch if at all possible.  cheers,

-wade.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2007-12-06

PM

If its light enough for the Flite, you can generally get away with just about anything.

I have used the kite anchor technique with some success. I prefer a hot launch though.

Where are you kiting? the shape of the beach is the ultimate decider

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2012-07-28

PM

I’ve launched the 17.5 flight off an anchor several times here in Alaska.  Sat nicely and launched beautifully each time.

Joined 2012-01-15

PM

Thanks for the response guys, I used the anchor tonight and all went very well, I had about 4” of depower and slider on fushion bar was all the way back. I am just getting up and having my first sustained rides , the flite was great , felt as fast as my 12m cabrhina, and water launched with ease. Very happy kite feels great .

Joined 2012-01-15

PM

Skywalker
I am in Massachussetts , lots of nice soft sandy beaches , and Great Whites!!!!!

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2012-05-14

PM

Can I just point out here, the flite, if you are in deep water, fills up with water quickly. Now I know with proper wind it should shed that water quick, but we ride the flite in light wind.

There is so much area that if it doesn’t land on the lead edge it will straight up sink into the drink!

Just a warning… Unless perhaps in Manitoba, we just have really, REALLY light wind.