Self landing with the Fusion bar
Posted: 24 August 2012 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-08-23

I kite at a beach where self landing is a must. I am used to bars that you can pull on the top front line to land the kite from the edge of the window. This doesn’t seem to be an option with this bar. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Posted: 24 August 2012 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2006-06-15

The Fusion bar is a little more tricky but works the same.  I let go of the bar with the kite 2m above the ground.. Briskly pull in the depower rope until I get to the front lines then carry on as before. If this is a pain to you another option is to detach the leash at the swivel and attach it to a front line on a reride system. Then all you have to do is pull the leash to land.

Posted: 24 August 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  285
Joined  2007-10-30

Works fine even if you take your time.  I land the kite on its wingtip, unhook and walk hand over hand up the common front line to the swivel.  I walk up the line so the kite doesn’t move as apposed to pull the kite dragging toward me.  Once at the split, reach up and pull the top front and it will flop down clam shell style.  Don’t think Ive ever had it go bad on me, but am still attached to the leash in the event of a screw up/ lift off.

Posted: 24 August 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-08-23

Thanks for the advice guys. I’ll give it a go.