OR 2013 GEAR

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-06-13

PM

As a member of OR Crew for the last 3-4 years I think we should get a much better bar than the 2012!!! The CL is too small for unhooking (or hooking back in after the trick) and if you pass the big ring of the safety inside the safety strap (... so that you get a deadleash) the CL gets too bulky! Except that, the plastic part of the CL, under the bar, that sets the CL straight for hooking easily, it tends to wear pretty soon! I would like to see some aluminum part there! The soft bar ends of the previous models are absolutely necessary and really helpful for kiteloops so I want them back, as also for the original OR curved bar with e better center hole that dont let the ropes hurt you! The grip should change, to be softer for many hours kiting, and personally I prefer no “fingers” because I have small hands and I cant hold the bar wherever I want! After that I think OR should consider changing the position of the swivel at the freestyle bar because at kiteloops the ropes crossover one each other at that exact position and they cause inefficient swivel and possible tangling of one of the back lines at the swivel ends and of course rope wearing!!!

Last but most important of all above is the quality of the ropes! I really envy slingshot bars for that reason and is the main reason that make me wanna buy another brands bar to set up my 7m and 10m lovely Raors!

Hope my desires ring some bells to the technical team of OR so that the 2013 bars are a lot better ...and not just a little better than the previous models!

With much love for kitesurfing..John!
Greetings from Greece!

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-02-18

PM

On the new bars, is there 2 sizes of bar? A 49 and a 55 or is it one bar with the ability to change widths back and forth as in 2012?

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2011-04-13

PM

I don’t want to see the Razor change at all.  Had a completely mental day looping the 8m on a flat water spot that seldom gets clean wind.  The 8m makes kiteloops soo easy- like a walk in the park!

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2009-08-08

PM

not liking the white leading edges, would get way too dirty where i kite.

shame as i was wanting to upgrade this year..

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

matix - 21 September 2012 09:12 PM

not liking the white leading edges, would get way too dirty where i kite.

shame as i was wanting to upgrade this year..

I am looking forward to those nice very visable cool looking struts and leading edge with brilliant orange canopy.

You can always clean up the kite with mild soap and water and some rubbing.

Total Posts: 126

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Sitka999 - 18 September 2012 08:23 PM

On the new bars, is there 2 sizes of bar? A 49 and a 55 or is it one bar with the ability to change widths back and forth as in 2012?

There are indeed 2 sizes of bar - a 48 and 55 cm version. No changing widths as with the 2011/12 bars. We found 90%+ of people never took advantage of this feature anyway.

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Summery of riding the 2013 12m Razor

It’s a Razor

End of Summery

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

Questions: 2013 Razor.

1. Does it fly deeper back in the window than the Cypher?
2. Is the top end as high as the Rise?
3. What settings for least amount of bar pressure?
4. What differences have been done to the leading edge construction and bridle compared to 2012?
5. How does the 2013 Razor compare to the Rise and Cypher.
6. Does the Razor go upwind easily enough?

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

To answer your questions read about the 2012 Razor and you will have your answers

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

sunrise - 01 October 2012 06:32 AM

To answer your questions read about the 2012 Razor and you will have your answers

So basically it’s a 2012 Razor with a white leading edge.

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

sunrise - 30 September 2012 04:36 PM

Summery of riding the 2013 12m Razor

It’s a Razor

End of Summery

And kite review of the year goes to….........................

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

personally I wouldn’t want anything changed to the 2012 Razor. This kite brings that smile on your face that takes days to come off.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2012-10-01

PM

Still very happy with my 2012 razors, got the 10 and 7. Was thinking of maybe going 12/9/7 this year for better overlap but i see to few changes to the razor to warrant an upgrade. Besides, the razor has infinite range, using my 10 from 15-30kn and 7 from 25-40+kn (72kgs on 132x41 TT).

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

El Rudo - 01 October 2012 12:39 PM

personally I wouldn’t want anything changed to the 2012 Razor. This kite brings that smile on your face that takes days to come off.

Not going to argue with you there Rudo. It’s alll about very fine lines with things now and I’ve long since found out that the OR kit is more than a little bit good and it’s the lump in a wetsuit at the bar end that’s the problem.
I’m certainly interested in giving the Prodigy and Cypher (I still haven’t got my hands on one) a go to see how they go. From my experience OR kites have a certain personality and style for want of a better word. I’m intrigued to see how they fit into that.

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2011-09-19

PM

noo noo - 02 October 2012 08:20 AM
El Rudo - 01 October 2012 12:39 PM

Not going to argue with you there Rudo. It’s alll about very fine lines with things now and I’ve long since found out that the OR kit is more than a little bit good and it’s the lump in a wetsuit at the bar end that’s the problem.
I’m certainly interested in giving the Prodigy and Cypher (I still haven’t got my hands on one) a go to see how they go. From my experience OR kites have a certain personality and style for want of a better word. I’m intrigued to see how they fit into that.

Noo Noo where are you based? I have a 12m Cypher here in Cornwall…your more than welcome to have a crack on it….it’s a beauty of a kite!

Craig

Signature

Craig Smith
Ocean Rodeo Uk
Blankforce Kiteboarding
Blast Kiteboarding
http://www.craigsmith.me.uk