Ocena rodeo rise 2010 with latitude bar

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2011-05-28

PM

hello to everybody, i have the rise 2010 10m2 and my weight is 70 kg. A few days ago i tried the rise in 17-20 knots wind with he latidute 2009 bar.Ok the kite changed dramatically in power and speed.It had a very steady feeling with a constant pull like a c kite. It,s obvious that there could be some safety issues…but the feeling was great.I have the 2011 freeride bar and i dont know if the same feeling comes with the freestyle bar(speaking for the constant pull).Every one who has flown my kite,told me tha they dont like my bar(me too).I am very dissapointed with bar quality of the 2011 freeride.I have the same issue as many others,with the we?r of the depower line.The customer support sucks a litle because i had some answers for the issue but no light in the tunnel.I payed 200+ euros for a defective bar wich is not reliable and without replacing her with a new..so i think the next time i am going to renew   my quiver l will preffer another brand with better customer policy.So make a better bar for your crew becasuse that’s a big issue you have to consider.

P/s: I got the flite 17.5..great kite.good job!

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Sofoklis,
thanks for your comments. Regarding the kite flying better off another bar, this can only have to do with the relative line length. Either the trim (back line length versus front line length) is not set correctly on your OR bar, or the front lines have a different length.
Either one is easy to control and to fix. If you kite a lot, it’s worth checking the line lengths every couple of weeks to make sure your kites fly the way they’re supposed to.
The lines should all be of equal length with the trim set to maximum power and the chicken loop against the bar.
The lines seldom differ on a new bar but due to unequal stretching, a couple of cm difference can occur after some use. Unfortunately this is not an Ocean Rodeo privilege, all bars can suffer from this. Ocean Rodeo is continuously looking for the best lines and material to avoid these sorts of things, but they’re hard to eradicate completely.
The way you describe it, your bar seems underpowered, meaning that the front lines are too short. You can try using another knot on the kites back line attachment points to correct this.
The 2013 bars are improved on the wear issue.
I hope this helps enjoying your bar, cheers,
Rudo

Joined 2011-05-28

PM

i cheked the line lenghts,everything seems to be correct. I want to ask something..what is the difference between the the freeride and freestyle bar besides the depower and the trimimg..does the kite get more powerfull,like i descriped above?

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

You don’t seem to understand Sofoklis, the physics of a kite don’t change with a different bar. The de-power & turning control may be different BUT the sweet spot where the kite provides maximum power remains the same.

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Joined 2011-05-28

PM

sorry dude..i undersstand quite good..i am not shure..but i thing the freeride and freestyle bar have differet centrall line length.
I am trying to say that the swivel in the freestyle bar is located mouch higher than the freeride bar so that the cannopy feels mouch more solid.I am not a phusician to anylize exactly the powers on the lines but i thing this can be a difference.

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Oh ! Then I see your point & question ! Sorry. Ross ?

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Sofoklis,
On the Freeride bar, you can put the bar stopper anywhere you like to limit the depower stroke, even beyond arms length. The Freestyle bar doesn’t let you do that as the trim strap unit is in the way. I would recommend the freestyle bar if you like a long bar stroke and don’t do a lot of trimming (as you would for riding unhooked). If you trim many times each session, go for the Freestyle.
Other than that, the kites fly exactly the same off each bar - provided they are adjusted like I mentioned above.
cheers,
Rudo