Go Joe change boards

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

Got two boards.  Don’t want to buy 2 Go Joes.  As I’ve ascertained, there isn’t any quick change ability.  In order to transfer the Go Joe, you have to do the whole unscrew the handle thing.  On a deployment of the gear to the car when the wind finally graces us with its presence in Phuket, there isn’t any way in h*ll I’m going to be busting out a screwdriver and going to work on my handles to change my Go Joe over to the other board if it’s light or ridiculously light winds (that’s all you get in Phuket).

Next version of Go Joe, puhlease make it possible for a quick board change.  The winds don’t stick around all day to accommodate fiddling time.  When they come, it’s go time.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

I think that is a good idea. You do not always want a GoJoe on as well. Having a mount so that you can quickly pop in a GoJoe would be a real good idea.

Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

Oh yeah, and that’s the other thing I forgot to mention - you don’t always need the Go Joe on there.  I want one for a specific location with certain conditions.  but the other spot I go to doesn’t require such assistance as provided by the clever device.

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

how about Thumbscrews to attach the handle?  not ideal, but you could do it on the beach pretty quick.
http://workholdingcomponents.mortonmachine.com/viewitems/thumb-screws-metric-thumb-screws/metric-precision-thumb-screws-with-shoulder?

or something like this, if you could figure out a way to mount a “receiver” on the board.
http://www.jergensinc.com/site/product_detail.aspx?group_no=1350M

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

those thumbscrews are pretty nice for thumbscrews.  they might have to do.  but still, i don’t know.  i get into the mechanics of kite outings on a downright scientific analysis basis.  i break down the steps, analyze them, try to combine them, etc.  it’s like that old batman show when those two clowns in that silly convertible come blasting out of the side of a mountain from within the batcave and race toward a crime scene.  that’s what it’s like when i decide to pull the trigger on an outing.  maybe it’s just phuket, but when you’re there and the wind is up, there’s just no f*ckin’ around.  you really gotta move.