Shorter lines

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2008-04-26

PM

How do i shorten the lines on the free ride bar

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Do you mean to trim out stretch or to make shorter lines?
If the former there are adjusters under the rubbers on the rear lines.  If asymmetric front lines then it is a home made pig tail.
To make shorter lines it is a cut re sleeve and stitch job

Joined 2008-04-26

PM

Bummer! The lines are too long making the 2013 Razor sluggish and slow. Did I buy the wrong length? Are there different length to buy? Did i buy the wrong type of bar?

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Lines for the 2013 are 21m but not knowing which bar you have I cant answer the question. The Razor is a fast kite especially in the small sizes so am surprised by your comment . Have you got your Kite on the fast setting on the rear attachments?

Joined 2008-04-26

PM

Thanks for the reply. I have the free ride. They need to be shorten by probably three meter. The current length totally does injustice to that kite. Im here in Cabarete and I brought the new gear down here fresh out of the bag. The lines that were provided with the free ride are far to long. You loose all the directness with the kite and its very sluggish. Luckily I brought my old bar and lines with me from my 2008 rise. With those lines you allowed for a three meter extension to be removed. After I read you first response and understood i cant make an adjustment, i tried my old shorter bar and lines, added the pigtail to the outside lines, and now the kite flies like it should. Its a very fast kite and now Im happy. Its a bad idea when making lines to not be able to make the adjustment available.

Thanks G