Storm evaluation anyone?

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

I picked up my new 5m Storm a few weeks ago but due to back injury I have not been able to use it. Anyone have any time on it? It looks beefy and well designed. I hope to be out on the water in another couple of weeks, we’ve had some great Feb. Gorge days lately! March is usually even better so I expect to use it soon. Any Storm feedback out there?

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2013-01-15

PM

Hi Pete,

I work at OR headquarters in Victoria, BC.

I had my first session on a Storm 5m on Friday afternoon.  I weigh 215lbs (97kg) and was in 28-44 knot winds.  There were 4 us out on the Storm kite and we ranged from 140lbs (63kg) to a couple of us in the 215lbs range. 
The kite is responsive but it is not a bumblebee in the sky as compared to most small kites that I flown.
In the lulls I was able to stay upwind and cruise without having to work the kite too much. When it was juiced up it, I was having a really good time!  The kite is stable, predictable, and easy to fly. 

It flies as advertised.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

Some good reviews on the storm can be found on the storm page located in the online store.

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2010-05-09

PM

Hey, I flew the Storm the other day in 22 gusting 34 knots (snowkiting).  I had an absolute riot on this kite.  It turned nice and quick and in the lulls surprisingly had plenty of power.  In the gusts the kite moved around a bit but always felt stable.  It would drive to the edge of the window and just sit there…never once did it feel as though it were to overfly.  Fast kite, smooth pull and a crazy amount of depower…well done OR!

-Wade.

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

Thanks for the input! Still haven’t been out on it yet but looking forward to it more with these positive reviews.