OR Soul sizing for broad shoulders.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-22

PM

I recently bought a size L Ocean Rodeo Soul from an online retailer and I have a few size questions. The online retailer only offers the standard sizes (S,M, L, XL). I’m 6’ with 34” waist, but quite broad shouldered and I’m having a really hard time getting in and especially out of the zip, even in just a t-shirt. Also the guidelines inside the suit advise wearing a suitable floatation vest, but there’s no chance of me getting the drysuit on or off if I’m wearing my usual impact vest.

Since buying the suit I have discovered from reading this forum that ‘K’ sizes are available (although not available online from the retailer I ordered from) which offer a larger zip size, but I don’t want the suit to be unnecessarily baggy in case I need to swim in it. Without an impact vest the suit fits well once my shoulders are in. I’ve only tried the suit on at home so I’m thinking of swapping it, would the XL size offer greater ease of entry and exit (as I’m 6’) and allow for a vest to be warn under, or would a K size be the only option to get the larger zip size?

Surely the larger zip would make sense on all the size L and up sizes?!

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-09-25

PM

Gotta try the L King… I’m not as tall but have some extra weight and broad sholders.. fits like a glove
Also, for swimming, make sure to purge the suit of air… I usually bleed air out of the neck seal or jump into the water and have the water compress the suit and bleed air out..
Impact vest should be worn outside? shouldn’t it?

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2013-01-15

PM

Hi SpinDrift.
Please give me a call at OR Headquarters when you have a few minutes. I would like to go over the sizing with you.

1-888-544-4969, x282.

Cheers,
Todd

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-22

PM

Todd - 26 March 2013 11:03 PM

Hi SpinDrift.
Please give me a call at OR Headquarters when you have a few minutes. I would like to go over the sizing with you.

1-888-544-4969, x282.

Cheers,
Todd

Thanks for the help Todd, I really appreciated it. Nice to see such support from a company that clearly cares about their customers. I’ll let you know how I get on down at the beach.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

I too found the zip a little small.  The solution was to simply put one arm in and then the other and not both arms at once.

Suit works great!!

Brad

Signature

St. John’s Newfoundland

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-05-09

PM

I have ordered an Ignite drysuit and based the size on the provided size chart.
I am 5’11, 34 waist and weigh 84 kgs. I went with a size L hoping it wont be too baggy.
I will be wearing a life jacket over the suit not under it so I hope this makes it fit snug.
I am concerned I went with a wrong size and won’t fit at all!
Are Ignite’s different or same sizing as the Soul? Have I chosen wrong size?

Total Posts: 126

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Krazy, I think the L Ignite should be totally fine for you. I suppose you will know soon enough when you get to try it on! The Soul and Ignite have the exact same cut, so sizing is identical.

Ned - OR

Joined 2014-05-09

PM

Ned - 12 May 2014 01:26 PM

Krazy, I think the L Ignite should be totally fine for you. I suppose you will know soon enough when you get to try it on! The Soul and Ignite have the exact same cut, so sizing is identical.

Ned - OR

Thanks Ned. That’s reassuring.
I’m from southern parts of Australia and there is nowhere here that sells Ocean Rodeo Drysuits.
So nowhere to try one on, so I’m going in ‘blind’ and buying before trying.
I’ll give feedback when I get it.
Cheers KK

Joined 2014-05-09

PM

I received my Ignite today. I must say it is a very impressive suit by both cosmetic appearance and it’s physical properties.
I tried it on in the house and the size ‘L’ is perfect, no need for bigger sizing even if my belly grows smile.
Next I do have to do some trimming. The neck seal was tight and felt constrictive but as soon as i trim that up I think it will be ideal for what I need it for.
It’s not as baggy as other drysuits I have seen - which is a bonus.

Thank you Ocean Rodeo for a great product