Rise 8m2 2008 - bridle dimensions anyone

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2008-05-13

PM

Hi,
I am still flying my 2008 Rises and love them. The 8 is the best kite I ever tried. It has very good low end, but lately I am finding out the top end is not that great anymore. Yesterday I was flying it in the winds around 25-30 knots and I had to depower it completly (back lines totally slack) and I was still being overpowerd. A friend of mine was on a 10 Rise from 2009 and he was fine. We are both almost the same wight and the same level of experience.
Where could I find the measurements for the bridle lines, so I could check dimensions of mine? I wonder if it is possible, that a stretched bridle could lead to this? Is there anything else I should check? The kite is otherwise in great condition. No repairs and it was not used that much trough these years.
Thank you for your answers.
Jaros

Total Posts: 125

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Hi Jaros,

Great to hear you are still getting some mileage out of your 2008. That said, you really need to get on some new gear and try it out, you will be blown away. Obviously my job is to sell kites, but ask anyone who has made a jump from a 2008 kite to a 2012 or 2013 and I’m sure they will agree smile

Regardless, I’m going to try to dig up those specs for you here. Please email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) so I can send them to you directly.

Ned
Ocean Rodeo

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

1. Measure your lines & make sure they are the same length 2. http://oceanrodeo.com/forums/viewthread/1133/ 3. Confirm that your E-2 lines are 18” (45.7 cm) . I would like to here how this works out !!!

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2008-05-13

PM

Hi,
I measuered the E2 lines. On one side it is 45,7mm like it should be, but on the other it is 1cm longer. I will correct that, but I do wonder, if such a small difference could be the couse of my problem?
Greetings,
Jaros

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

It’s an easy adjustment: Loosen the larks head knot @ one end of the E-2 line & slide that end of the E-2 through the larks head & tie a knot @ the end of the E-2 so that it will be the length required when re tightened. A figure 8 knot may be enough. Measure to be sure the E-2 lines are equal & correct.  THEN fly the kite & decide if it helped !!!

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…