2014 razor, 9m?

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2012-10-01

PM

Hey all,

I’m still riding my 10m/7m 2012 razors. Even though this combo works nicely i feel i lack a 9m for the in-between wind, especially when it’s around 25-26 knots gusting into the low 30’s. My 7m is underpowered and my 10m is overpowered, a 9m would be perfect!

Since 2013 doesn’t have a 9m razor and new kites will be out in about half a year I decided to wait for them, so, will there be a 9m again?

I’ll go for a 3 kite quiver, 12/9/7 and i hope OR can offer me that.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-09-25

PM

you’ve got to try the new Prodigy 9.5m!
My go to is the 9.5 for the conditions you list… works for me from 20-30knots with rear line adjustments and two different boards.. I weight in over 220lbs..

hope this has helped!

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2012-10-01

PM

I like to ride well powered up, i’m 74kgs (163lbs) so that’s why I feel the 7 is a bit small in the conditions described above. I haven’t flown the prodigy but i believe it’s more of a school/beginner kite? I like kites which are aggresive, sit back in the window a bit and have direct steering input, it’s why i like the razor so much. I’ll see what OR comes up with later this year.

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-09-25

PM

I wouldn’t call it strictly a beginner kite. yes its used in the local schools but only because its a easy kite to fly. in the conditions we get locally during frontal storms etc. we get gusts usualy 10knots above the true wind speed.. in these winds it excels with superb stability.
there’s another thread with more reviews… I suggest you try it at the least and make your own call!

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2006-04-18

PM

Try the 8m Razor - the sweetest size in the range in my opinion with loads of power.

I ride a 10, 8, 7 m Razor quiver - definitely like to be powered but also get on the smallest kite I can for turning/looping.  My general feeling is that if you are considering a 1m split in kite sizes it makes more difference in the smaller sizes - i.e. downsizing by a meter makes more difference in the 30-40 knot range than than in the 20 knot range. Just a thought.

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

I think they will release this pretty soon, OR produced a couple of 9m2 this year and i agreed this is a magic size.
so i have a feeling its coming back!!!

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 126

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

Actually… if you want a 2013 Razor 9m… we do have a few. Very limited run of these was made and were buried in the warehouse. Talk to your local shop about getting one, there are not too many!

Can’t guarantee there is a 2014 9m yet, we’ll see!

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2012-08-23

PM

If you haven’t done it already try your 7 Razor on the Less Depower setting. I found it made a big difference on the low end. I’m 180lbs and am powered on my 7 on a surfboard in 20kts. Charlie