How to fit line attachment rope through tiny hole in bar?

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2008-07-06

PM

So, umm, I have two 2010 bars. A short one and a long one. The short one has zero sessions on it and the long one is super used up. Since I don’t need a short bar, I want to put all the new parts of the short bar (lines, chicken loop etc.) on the long bar.

I’ve detached everything from the short bar, but now I’m stuck fitting the ropes for the steering line attachments through the tiny hole on the bar. See this photo for illustration:

Any help to solve this mystery would be appreciated.

thomas

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Thomas,
You can try wrapping some box tape around the leader line end, in a spiraling kind of way so you’ll have a 5cm tape flap without line in it. Twist that in to a pointy shape and feed that through the hole.
cheers,
Rudo
(I hope this makes sense)

Joined 2008-07-06

PM

I tried that without any success (yet). It seems that the end of the line is a bit thicker, making it even harder. Even pulling it out was hard. I wonder how they got it in there initially.

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Drill the hole a little wider

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2012-10-01

PM

I pierced the line with a bend paperclip and used plyers to pull the line through the hole, some iron wire should do the trick as well. There was no other way for me to pull it through.

Joined 2008-07-06

PM

Ok, the solution turned out to be as follows: The end of the rope was spliced into itself, making it thicker. I had to undo the splicing to be able to fit the rope through the hole and then redo it afterwards.