Footstraps for the King

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

I have a 2011 Mako King and I use it in twin tip mode. For this I just screwed in some old OR Mako footstraps from 2006. Well I was in heavy surf today and my feet are not really locked in and this gives me big problems. I am considering replacing the straps only with, for example, Bliss integrated straps and footpads. This would be screwed directly to the deckpad. Has anyone done something like what I am considering before?

Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 467

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

No issue apart from needing longer bolts. I have sold several with addition of bliss pads and straps.
One thing to watch is the tightness of the bolts . As the original deckpad compresses with time the bolts tend to work loose.
After a couple of re tightening, then no issues

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

sunrise - 01 July 2013 07:56 AM

No issue apart from needing longer bolts. I have sold several with addition of bliss pads and straps.
One thing to watch is the tightness of the bolts . As the original deckpad compresses with time the bolts tend to work loose.
After a couple of re tightening, then no issues

I shall be contacting you after my trip to the US on Monday. I would like to get both the long bolts and the bliss pads. I was out on the King just today at my local spot. I still love this board.

Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide