12m Prodigy or 12mRazor Better Low End?

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-09-01

PM

Hey,

I still fly my 12m rise, but I have a 9.5 prodigy and 10m razor.  Can anyone say which kite between 12m razor and 12m prodigy has a better low end for lighter days???

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-09-22

PM

Hi,
I would go for a 12m Razor (but I haven’t tried the 12m) because it’s faster. My 2011 Razor 10m was almost comparable with my 2010 12m Rise. My Prodigy 14m 2013 have great low en but is quite slow so in my opinion a 12m Razor would be perfect and probably have almost the same low end as my 14m prodigy.
Hope you’ll also get input from someone that have tested both kites in 12m.
/henrik

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Razor has way more bottom end ... http://store.oceanrodeo.com/Razor-FST-2013_p_90.html

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

The Prodigy delivers more grunt, its a lighter kite so it stay’s in the air quit easy
the Razor is more fun to fly

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2011-09-03

PM

Which one for general free-riding, including directional and half-assed wave-riding?

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-12-20

PM

For your last question I would answer the Prodigy without a doubt. I did test the prodigy and razor back to back during the same session in strong gusty winds. It’s difficult to give an opinion on low end as I didn’t fly them together in light wind but you have some opinions above on that. I can tell you however that I tested the 9.5m Prodigy over a 3 month period in winds from 12 knots into 30s gusting to 40 knots and it gave me enough to free-ride bottom end 12 knots on a 134cm board, I weigh approx. 72kg. When I tried the razor in the middle of that wind range it ragged me around quite a bit and for what I need for speed riding “it’s not for me” might have been a few years ago though when I was fit enough for freestyling.
For free-ride and wave the Prodigy will be so predictable and have a BIG wind range you won’t go wrong, the Prodigy is the most forgiving kite I have ever flown since starting in 2002, don’t get me wrong though it’s not a boring kite either. I just got the 14m on demo 2 weeks ago and had a freestyle mess about staying up-wind and pulling tricks like back- roll kite loop and jumps with kite loops in just 10-12 knots. My opinion on the razor is that if powered freestyle is your thing it is the kite for the job otherwise you will find it needs your attention and input much more than the Prodigy does i.e. more technical.